1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

puppy hiccups?

Discussion in 'Rearing puppies' started by newpup, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newpup

newpup Boxer Booster

Do puppies get hiccups? My puppy has been doing what I think is hiccups and I was just wondering who else has seen this or should I worry? It doesn't happen for long.. maybe a minute.

2. Maxwell's Ma

Maxwell's Ma Boxer Insane

Oh yes!! Both Max and Riley got the hiccups all the time. Since they have gotten older it doesn't happen as much.

3. RachS

RachS Super Boxer

Between 8 - 12 weeks, Tyler would get them after almost every time he ate. It didnt seem to bother him at all. I was a little concerned but I learned that it was perfectly normal. Now at four months it's more random.

4. newpup

newpup Boxer Booster

Good I am relieved to hear that others have experienced it. I was hoping there was nothing wrong. Now I don't feel so worried. Thanks :)

5. MomToBooBoo

MomToBooBoo Boxer Booster

Booboo too, when she was a puppy- you brought back fond memories- she was cute hiccuping!

6. carver1102

carver1102 Completely Boxer Crazy

yep, brutus used to get hiccups too. usually his came when he got in trouble, nothing made you feel more guilty than a puppy upset with hiccups. it's cute, he still gets hiccups even now, after he gets in trouble.

7. newbxrowner

newbxrowner Boxer Pal

Prince hick ups all the time....after every meal...he looks so cute and confused too :)

8. SandyHG55654

SandyHG55654 Banned

Dozer is 10 months and still gets the hiccups when he needs to pee or poop. :D When he knows he's in trouble about something he gets them too. Take advantage of it. We would always take him out for potty breaks when we heard him hiccup. It worked really well as an alarm at night too, if we heard or felt him shaking the bed hiccuping as we slept we knew he needed to go out. :)

9. LANDANO77

LANDANO77 Super Boxer

My puppy hiccups alot it looks like hurts him. Like when you see a newborn baby hiccup and their whole chest caves in. He look so confused also but addorable!

10. pmari3

pmari3 Completely Boxer Crazy

Winston hiccups frequently but it doesn's seem to bother him. It's kind of cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.