Puppies- Where did they sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimseabee

Completely Boxer Crazy
When we got Dakota (10 months) We started crate training him, now he likes it. it is his place, some where safe for him. When we go looking for him he is usually in his crate. It(the crate extra large) started out in the LR, after about 1 wk my DS moved it in his room.

Dakota sleeps with the DW @ the begining of the night, I move him out, because he is a bed hog, and he goes and gets in his crate, or in the bed with the DS .

It is up to you- remember they do get bigger dakota is 27" @ the shoulder and 70 lbs. Just a little lap dog..LOL

hsmama

Boxer Buddy
Our first boxer always slept with us in our bed, that was before our kids came along. Then the kids shared the bed and our second boxer slept on a bed in the livingroom. This new little guy will be in a crate on the few occasions when we aren't at home and most likely by the looks of it be in someone's bed at night!

Lola's mum

Boxer Insane
When we got Lola we already had a much older dog so we got a crate, Lola hated it so much we couldn't bare to put her in it so she slept upstairs with us until she got so much of a bed hog we couldn't have her up there no longer.
Zeb was fine in the crate when we got him and when he got big enough and was potty trained we put it away.
Now little Casper sleeps in it. He whines at night in there but doesn't mind in the day when he needs some peace from Lola & Zeb and is asleep in there right now :)

Ingrid

Boxer Booster
When we got Elsa, she was already crate trained for the most part, we just reinforced it during the day time, and at night at first...didn't last long. She started sleeping in bed with us very very soon afterwards, and then we got sick of it, and now she sleeps on her own sofa armchair beside the bed, with her blankie and pillow. She uses the crate in the day to play in or for crating if we're gone.

rfdfirewife

Super Boxer
So far Addie sleeps in her crate. Shes ready for bed when 8pm rolls around, and if we dont put her in there she gets cranky. I'll admit we have been bringing her up in the bed to cuddle, but she thinks we're trying to play. So she refuses to sleep in the big bed with us...not that Im complaining!!

Arrow

Boxer Booster
Riley is crate trained, but only when we are not home. He ended up sleeping on the couch with me for the first two weeks, then since he was waking me up to go potty I brought him into my bed. Same thing, he would chew on my ears when he had to go out, which was a good way to wake me up! He only pee'd once on the bed, and that was because he woke me up and I fell back to sleep.

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
We do every other night. One night in the crate and one in the bed. But Chief is so uncommonly good with the crate that it works out!

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
Foreman slept in his crate at night till he was 10 months old then he moved to the bed!!!!! First night out!!!

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
I wish I could have been like those brave souls that crate trained but Ms. Ali was in the bed with us from day 1. Now my poor husband has to get out of bed and go to the guest room to get a good nights sleep. But we love her to death any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.