1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pug???

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by bucksteemom2, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksteemom2

bucksteemom2 Boxer Insane

We have the opportunity to rescue a brindle baby Pug. I do not know anything about Pugs! Does anyone have a Pug with their boxer? Do they get along? Are they to little, will my boxers hurt them? So many questions and not sure where to start so Boxerworld is always my first thought:) I'd appreciate any advice:)

2. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

I have a puggle (Pug Beagle mix) and a boxer. They get along great. We have many pug friends at the park and I have seen both my dogs playing and running around with them no problem. Pugs are really sturdy, I wouldn't be worried about it getting hurt. However, although I have seen them play for hours I'm sure they are tiered way before a boxer is tiered :D Especially in the summer they might have some breathing issues, too. So I would definitely keep an eye on the dogs to make sure the pug doesn't get constantly harassed and gets enough time to rest. But this is something I would do for any dog in my household, no matter the breed. Let us know what you decide and good luck :)

3. bucksteemom2

Thank you:) I have been doing alot of research and I see they have breathing problems, allergies and can have skin issues. However, I am so picky over my boxers and keeping them clean, that i dont think a Pug would be any different. I think we are going to do it as soon as it is allowed to be away from its mom. The Pug is a little boy:)

4. Gofygure

Gofygure Boxer Pal

Our Boxer Lucy's best friend at daycare is a pug puppy (also named Lucy,) and they spend hours playing together. I agree with the poster above who said to make sure the pug gets some downtime, especially if you have multiple Boxers- they're a very unique dog, structurally, but not very well suited to prolonged intense exercise. I have a feeling your Boxers will be super happy to get a tiny new playmate! Good luck!

5. bucksteemom2

Thank you:) I will make sure he does:) My boxers are both 7 and dont play as long anymore so that will probably help as well! The vet told me to make sure the pug has open nose holes and no wrinkle close to his eye because both of those are clues that it will have to have surgeries later.

6. SillyTucker

SillyTucker Boxer Booster

Sounds like you've decided to bring the little pug home, congrats!

Pugs are one of my most favorite breeds. We had one, Tessie, when I was younger. She had breathing problems but nothing other then that...all in all, she was a great pet and we were all very sad when she left us. That was the first time I saw my dad cry...

7. bucksteemom2

We got our first picture of him yesterday. He looks healthy so far but he is only 23 days old. His nose holes are open and he doesnt have an extra wrinkle under his eye, so those are both good signs:) We are going to go see him in the next couple of weeks. He is 2 hours away so we are planning a trip and the kids cant wait!!

8. bucksteemom2

9. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Cute lovicon Hope to see more pictures soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.