1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

price of food

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by chuds, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuds

chuds Boxer Pal

does anyone in the uk,- kent, know of anywhere i can buy Naturediet cheaper, be it in bulk, or home delivery.

my boxer is ok with Naturediet, but can work expensive, and my local pet shop has put up his prices to £13.40 per box-18 packs.

any info is appriecated.

2. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

Wow. That's quite expensive. I have never tried Nature Diet, and am most unlikely to - but I think it's a dehydrated raw food? Had you ever considered just feeding a natural raw diet of the non-dehydrated kind? There are some very good suppliers of pre-made raw meals in the UK, and costs are in the range of about 30p per meal. All you need is freezer space ;)

3. chuds

chuds Boxer Pal

thanks for the advice gmacleod, I was thinking of changing arthur's food. but was'nt sure what to change to,
    also 30p a meal, reasonable compared with 74p a meal.
    i think i could try raw chicken,?
    which meat do you feed your boxer and how many, also looked at your photos he is a great male.

4. gmacleod

Oh, Henri gets a pretty wide range of different meats. Chicken, turkey, beef, lamb, and goat are the staples. Plus a bit of fish, tripe, offal. And anything else that looks good when I'm near a butcher.

I don't buy pre-made raw. I probably should since it's so well priced (it's cheaper than buying from butchers or supermarkets), and it would be very much more convenient. I just have to get around to buying another freezer first...

Anyway. If you're interested in buying pre-made raw food for him, here's a thread I posted some links to some suppliers: http://boxerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90855

5. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

Well I pay £9.20 a case & that's coz I buy 3 at a time direct from them. It goes down to £9 a case if you buy 4 or more cases at a time.

BTW - It is not raw, it is steamed cooked.

6. chuds

chuds Boxer Pal

thanks i will try and give them a call.

do they deliver ?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  7. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

Yes, or if they're near you then you can collect & it is cheaper still. :)

Go on their website, go into contacts & get their phone number, coz they only deal with orders by phone.

8. Charlie'sMom

Charlie'sMom Boxer Booster

Hi - I don't use Naturediet for Bruce, but I came across it on the surrey per supplies website (http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Semi_Moist_Foods.html) at a much cheaper price than you're paying (and than Dharmadoodle is paying) - 18 X 390g is £8.75; 3 or more cases are £8.55/case; 5 or more are £8.45/case and 10 or more are £8.15/case - and they have a variety of flavours. I've used them before for toys etc. and they are very good. You would have to pay delivery on top though, unless you could get to their store in Surrey (Hersham, near Walton/Weybridge). (I also just discovered they sell cuz's too...!)

9. dharmadoodle

dharmadoodle Boxer Pal

That is handy to know, but when I took a look it works out dearer for me once the delivery charge is added. :(

I do wonder tho' how any place can sell a product cheaper then the products place? Where do they buy it from to be able to sell it cheaper?

:confused:

10. gmacleod

It probably just means that the manufacturer is avoiding undercutting agents by charging a higher retail price than the wholesale price it sells to petstores for. And if you think about it, since 90% of their sales are probably through outlets other than their own, they'd be cutting their own throat by undercutting those prices. Works that way for most consumer goods - you don't get cheaper from the manufacturer ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.