Price of Bully Sticks Skyrocketing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
If you haven't noticed yet, be prepared for the price on bully sticks to double if not triple in the coming weeks. It seems the chinese has found a cheap option to another aphrodisiac. yes, they are buying up US Bully Sticks! They grind them up and consume them. They are buying them in huge quantities from every US resource. So us dog owners here in the States are now paying the price for a highly wanted product. Can't blame the suppliers seeing that they can sell to China for a much higher price than what we pay.

I find it pretty disgusting, knowing that a lot of bully sticks sold are not really processed, stored or packaged (if any package at all) for human consumption, are being consumed by humans. But then again, if you look at China's general thoughts on utilizing animals for their medical herbs and such, and of course the contamination of 90% of their water sources, I guess they really don't care much about the health of the animals or safety concerns of what they consume. I really feel bad for the Chinese as far as humane treatment of their own people. Glad to be American, but my dogs are so sad now getting less treats per week.

elgerdes

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hmm, I just bought a pack of them @ Costco and they were the same price they always were.

They carry them at Costco?! The all-natural ones? Not the crappy ones that are full of preservatives and other "added flavors?" Hmmmm... might have to go shopping!!

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
They carry them at Costco?! The all-natural ones? Not the crappy ones that are full of preservatives and other "added flavors?" Hmmmm... might have to go shopping!!

Yep! They do at both of ours anyway. They're $19.99 for a pack of 12 inch extra thick ones. I forget how many are in a pack, I want to say there's 10 or 12 in the pack. I know it's no less than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.