1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prednisone .... oh how i hate it!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by joeys mom, May 10, 2019.

1. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I think a referral to a dermatologist would definitely be a good idea. What are you feeding?

2. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I was feeding 4 health grain free beef and potato and occasionally changing with the fish blend. Over the years I have tried blue buffalo and he wouldn't eat it, then blue wilderness and that gave him the worst gas EVER..... The vet suggested Purina Pro plan focus for sensitive skin and stomach. The reviews for skin issues were really high for skin issues so I have tried it and since starting this food a few weeks ago he has COMPLETELY stopped scratching and itching, his coat is soooo soft. so we shall see .... I never thought about a dermatologist ... is there a dermatologist for dogs?

3. Jan

I believe that there are dermatologists for dogs. Your vet should be able to help you there.
    I hope you can figure it out. As Cami suggested, I wonder about allergies. You could try and find a food that doesn't have any ingredients that he has had before. Don't forget what is in his treats. Have you ever considered a raw diet?

4. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I would love to do raw ... I am just afraid of it ... why I don’t know? ...bf doesn’t understand the importance of what he eats ... it is a battle I have with him.... he gives him bites of everything .... l have been changing everything trying to rule out what he possibly could be allergic too. It has to be something within

5. Jan

If you can't do raw, I would try and find some limited ingredient food that only has ingredients that he has never had before. It may be hard to find. :( Good luck!