Poor Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louise501

Boxer Insane
I am so glad some of these poor dogs get to come across kind people like you. I really hope she can stay with you, she sounds as if she has been very unhappy.

Mama_Zookeeper

Boxer Insane
OK, she has a vet appointment on Friday 3/3. I am not sure what too ask for as I have never taken in a stray off the street. At this point we are treating her as a stray since we know so little about her. the vet asked if we are keeping her and I told her my mom wants her, so if she has no microchip and we cannot find an owner she will be part of our family. My parents are so excited about her! This means a heart worm check, rabies & distemper vaccines. There is no scar on her belly, so she will need to get spayed right away. I am crossing my fingers she is not already pregnant. What other tests should I ask for? Maybe a fecal test to check for worms?

My mom has started calling her Chula (spanish for pretty) and she is fairly well behaved, but does not seem to be potty trained so we are all working with her on that. She has begun eating like mad! I fed her this morning out of my hand to let her know I am the "alpha" as she has been guarding her bowl. She an Mia are wary of each other. Mia is ignoring her for the most part and when she feels threatened (Mia) she runs to me or my mom or stands under Rocky. Rocky LOVES her! They box like crazy!

I will take some pictures of them together. I am still concerned over her over all shape. Her coat seems very dull and thin to me. Her nipples are pretty big as well. Mia has never had a heat, and my only other female boxer did have one, but I don't remember her nipples getting this large. How "tight" does the belly get after a bitch has whelped? I feel because of how thin she is that she has never had a litter, but am not sure.

Thanks for all the good vibes! Dora

Valantar

Boxer Insane
Mama_Zookeeper said:
OK, she has a vet appointment on Friday 3/3. I am not sure what too ask for as I have never taken in a stray off the street. At this point we are treating her as a stray since we know so little about her. the vet asked if we are keeping her and I told her my mom wants her, so if she has no microchip and we cannot find an owner she will be part of our family. My parents are so excited about her! This means a heart worm check, rabies & distemper vaccines. There is no scar on her belly, so she will need to get spayed right away. I am crossing my fingers she is not already pregnant. What other tests should I ask for? Maybe a fecal test to check for worms?

I would definately take a fecal sample with you. Hannah was a stray before we adopted her and she was infested with worms. That could possibly explain some of her poor body condition.

I hope everything goes well at your vet appointment on Friday!

Cholbert

Boxer Insane
Mama_Zookeeper said:
When I reached out to her she flinched and it made my heart hurt...what taught her to flinch :(

My girl does this - and we've had her since she was very young. She bolts like we're going to hit her - and we never have. EVERY TIME she does this I get a little pang in my heart - I hate wherever this came about and I hate even more that I don't know where it came from.....since she's only lived with us. I don't know ..... is there such a thing as naturally skittish?

Mama_Zookeeper

Boxer Insane
Valantar said:
I would definately take a fecal sample with you. Hannah was a stray before we adopted her and she was infested with worms. That could possibly explain some of her poor body condition.

Thanks, we will definitely do that!
Dora

ZoeRestorick

Boxer Insane
She is so beautiful it breaks my heart.. those eyes. Thank God for people like you and your DH for taking that precious baby in. I hope she turns out to be healthy and rewards your love and kindness a million times over! Sending (((Hugs))) and {{{positive vibes}}} to you all!

Waiting for the update with fingers and paws crossed! :)

robinette

Boxer Booster
Keep us updated (I am sure you will). Poor baby, she is really cute. I hope your Mom can take her, I am sure she will have a good home.

Congrats to you and your husband for being such good people. Good luck at the vets.

koaboy04

Boxer Insane
I'm glad she is in better hands! appicon And your hubby is great for taking her in! Mine woulda kept walking...:rolleyes:

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
Thank you!

Dora,
What a sweet face she has! Those big eyes just kill me. Boomer asked me to pass along a thanks to you and your husband for rescuing her. Which vet do you guys use? I just moved from there and Boomer saw Dr. Bortle at the Ingram Park Animal Hospital. I remember when I brought Boomer home, his food was gone in under a minute for the first three months. He was 51 lbs when we met in Houston and it took a good three months to get his weight up above 60 lbs.
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.