Poop Disposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craville

Boxer Pal
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for non-smelly poop cleanup. I currently clean up my yard a couple of times a week, placing the doggy doo in a plastic trash bag and tying a knot at the top of the bag, and then placing the bag in my trash can. After about 2 hours the can begins to smell, getting progressively worse as the week goes on and attracting flies. Can anyone give me some insight into how you all deal with this problem? Thanks!

JaspersFam

Boxer Booster
put it in your neighbors trash can?? :D

i would think the only way you MIGHT be able to fix the problem if it is bothersome is to get a diaper genie or something like it.. it is a godsend for my sons diapers and would assume it would work for dog poo....

BxrMommieNAZ

Boxer Insane
My trash pickup comes twice a week so I clean up teh yard either the morning that it comes or the evening before. I usually go with the evening before so I don't run out of time. But yeah that way it's only overnight that it sits in there.

Unfortunately, I think that's just one of those "downfalls" of owning a dog. You may be able to double bag it which may help.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Go Raw then there is NO POOP to clean up! It disappears within a week!

Poop is pretty toxic and can eat paint off a car! So I don't think plastic bags really hold up especially since many are made of biodegradable material or corn polymers. They begin to break down as soon as moisture hits it. Hence, how the smell escapes.

claresmom

Boxer Booster
I bought a small garbage can to keep outside by her poop area that I keep a plastic bag in. It's one of those kind where you step on the peddle to open up the top. I keep collecting her poop in there until garbage day, then put it in our regular can. There is no way I would be able to stand opening up our garbage can if I had it in there!!

Also, I have used one of those little air freshener things in the bottom of the little garbage can and that at least disguises the smell...or at least gives a lavender smell to the poop :D

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Mmmmm, lavendar scented poop......how refreshing! LOL Too funny. I use those orange discs in the step open can and that really doesnt do much. Maybe I need lavendar scents instead. I happen to like lavendar over orange.

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
Luckily I live in the country and have room to put it but my dogs drys up quickly with the food I feed I would maybe store it at the back of the yard in a pail let it dry a bit first and then bag it

Shane72

Boxer Booster
I saw this at Petsmart the other day:

http://www.petsolutions.com/default.aspx?ItemId=95403535&EID=NX95403535&SID=NXTG

It looks strange but maybe it will help stuff not smell.

I actually have one of these in the back and it works well but unfortunately my mostly red clay yard doesn't drain efficiently enough and it fills up. You also have to add water constantly and add the enzymes regularly. Too much trouble really.

I just use the little poop bags every time he goes and put them in a little stainless trash can at the back door. Works well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.