Please help..this worms??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnm128

Boxer Pal
my 3yr old boxer has been up and down with his weight. no probs at last yrs check-up. tried satin balls, they worked but has lost the weight again. He is really skinny, can see hips, ribs....The other day while out for walk he pooped and a LONG (6in) "thing" came out with his poop. I could see no head or anything it actually looked like rope or piece of intestine. Was really gross!! I can not get him into vet till the 15th!!!!!!!! Any ideas??

Mel C

Boxer Buddy
Im not an expert but I use Strongid
You can get it at most feed stores. It has a picture of a horse on it-yellow lable. But my vet also prescribed it to my dog before and charged me $20 for a small bottle when you can get the same bottle at a co-op, tach shop or feed store for aprox $10
Roundworm - The most common of internal parasites beside

It prob. was a Tapeworm you saw. Here's a description
-Roundworms frequently infect pets. They look suspiciously like thin spaghetti noodles and can often be found in feces with the naked eye.

I have horses.... so worms tend to be a problem with all my animals. Doesn't help that my boxers love the taste of horsey poo!

nurse200

Boxer Pal
If it was white and looked like spaghetti it's probably a round worm, most other worms (except for the tape worm segments, looks like white rice) are microscopic...

cnm128

Boxer Pal
It was white but not thin like spagetti...much much thicker! He otherwise has been acting normal...except that he is ALWAYS hungry not matter which food I feed him.

1CRAZYBXRLVR

Super Boxer
Sounds too long to be tapeworm. They usually break off in segments. Was the culprit moving? If so, maybe it was a worm. Here's a link on tapeworms and that would account for the weight loss, however, my female boxer is skinny (hip bones and ribs stick out) and she just has a high metabolism, no tapeworm.

<http://www.askdrpetra.com/Dogs/Tapeworm Infection in Dogs.htm>

Are you sure it's not part of a rawhide or something he ate (and shouldn't have)? Sometimes we find wierd things in our dog's poop, don't we?

Hope you find out what the problem is! Good luck!

MelBrH

Boxer Pal
That's true...One time we thought my puppy was having bloody diahrea, but it turns out he had just been eating the tomatos from the garden.

Rowdy Boys

Completely Boxer Crazy
Sometimes when my "Rowdy Boys" eat paper out of my office trash nonoicon or toilet paper from the roll in the bathroom smashicon it will come out in one piece like that.

Brenda, Magnum, Omar and Angel

cnm128

Boxer Pal
thanks everyone...i never even though about his eating things. He loves to eat dryer sheets!! I am still taking him to the vet for his weight loss! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.