1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition for White Boxers to be shown!!!

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by Casperw, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casperw

Casperw Boxer Pal

It is a real disgrace that you are not allowed too show white Boxers!!! They are still Boxers,and I think there are a lot of better looking white ones than the brindle/fawn ones. Something needs to be done about this. If anyone else feels the same as me, can you voice your oppinion here or atleast just write your name or just write agree. Thank you.

2. EAO76

EAO76 Boxer Insane

You should be aware that about 20% of white boxers are deaf (actually they are not born deaf but go deaf at approximately 6 to 8 weeks, this is due to the lack of pigmentation which causes the sensory hair cells inside their ears to die).The genetic disposition to be deaf (and more rarely but even sometimes blind) due to lack of pigmentation is the reason why white boxers are not accepted into the dog show ring. Dog shows are for judging breeding stock. Best in show is the best representation of the breed, meaning the dog with the best genes to pass down. Considering the white boxer carries this deaf gene they are not to be shown / bred. However white boxers are perfect for pets but should be spayed or neutered and thus removed from the gene pool.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  3. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

You can show white boxers - in agility, obedience and other dog sports.

You just can't show them in competitions designed to select potential breeding stock. That is exactly as it should be. Conformation shows are NOT, after all, some sort of beauty contest for pets, their purpose is solely about breeding. Since white boxers cannot responsibly be used for breeding, they have no place in a breeding contest (any more than spayed or neutered animals have).

4. Casperw

Casperw Boxer Pal

I have a white boxr with a black eye patch on his left eye and black/brindle on his left ear,and he is absolutly georgious and obviously I will be getting him neutered when he is a little older (he will be 8 months on the 15th). I am thinking of training him in agility when he is older as I think he will love it,just a shame you can't show them. Casper is not blind or death thank god.

5. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

Good :) Your dog is far more likely to enjoy agility than conformation showing too ;)

However good a pet, working, agility or service dog he may be (and white boxers certainly are), a white (neutered) animal has no reason to be shown in conformation as he is, by definition, already excluded from breeding. No need then to be entering him in a breeding contest NOR upset that he shouldn't be entered.

6. MypupShooter

MypupShooter Boxer Booster

Stella comes from champion parents and pedigree. Since I cannot show her like her parents, I'm going to try my luck at either obedience or agility. I figured since she can't live up to her parents in conformation, we can try at the other stuff...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.