Pee during sleep but no urine smell

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
So confused. I saw a post on here in July about someones dog urinating during sleep and my boy - just turned 1, started this a couple weeks ago. Last night I ripped off the sheet off of the couch and set it in the kitchen. I smelled the couch and the sheet an it doesnt smell like urine. I cleaned the couch and soaked it with Natures Miracle. He went out to pee at 1:30am and this happened at 3:30am...Has anyone had this problem and what have you found out is causing it? I Googled it this morning and almost everything I find is regarding female dogs.

Stub

Completely Boxer Crazy
That was my dog in July. I took him to the vet and asked if it could be ejaculate, and the vet told me "dogs do not have wet dreams" and that it had to be urine. (my boy is intact)
Well it happened one night while I was awake and he was sleeping beside me and it was definitely a wet dream. The amount of fluid is small, (about a tablespoon) but it makes a surprisingly large puddle on the bed. It is odorless and colorless. I looked up dog reproduction and discovered that male dogs ejaculate a 'large amount' (about 5 ml) of fluid following the semen due to the length of the penis and the need to get the sperm all the way into the female. The fluid is to help push the sperm along to reach its destination. My dog's daytime urine was still yellow and stinky so I did not think he could be peeing the bed as the vet suggested it MUST be. I figured it was impossible to have stinky yellow pee during the day and odorless colorless pee at night or during sleep. He did have crystals found during a urinalysis and I have changed his food. He still has random episodes of 'wet dream' but it is very infrequent and I have stopped worrying about it. If your dog is not intact then you have a different problem, however and I would suggest at the least a urinalysis at the vet.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
Intact? You mean he is fixed? Yes my boy was fixed 4 months ago. I am going to take him in for a urine sample next week because I got up this morning and there again was a tiny wet mark on the sheet!! Much smaller than it has been the last few times - So strange!!

Stub

Completely Boxer Crazy
Yes my dog is intact - still has his testicles. I would definitely take yours to the vet if he's been fixed. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.