1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pebbles and her attention

Discussion in 'Stories' started by angelswalkin, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelswalkin

angelswalkin Boxer Pal

being that now i have two dogs instead of three i try to make sure that pebbles our female boxer isn't lonely out in the back yard(not that she is really lonely because the three cats can often be seen in the back yard with her.) but i go out and love on Pebbles well she somehow destroyed her collar around the time butch died so we tried to give her Butch's collar she rejected it. so we got her a new collar which didn't take her long to discover that if she scratched/kicked hard enough she could take it off. now when she feels like i didn't give her enought attention at night the next morning her collar will be hidden in her dog house. i guess i know what i'm gonna be doing when i get home today since i went to work and pebbles was naked again

2. StormKatz

StormKatz Super Boxer

Am I understanding this right?? You keep Pebbles outside all the time?? :(
    (If so)....Shame on you!! Why even have a pet if your just going to keep them confined alone? Wouldn't you get lonely out in the back yard all by yourself? Going outside & loving on her for a few minutes isn't enough, dogs are social animals (especially Boxers) they need to be around their family, included in the home, & an active part of what's going on NOT chained to a dog house or kenneled in the back yard by themselves.

Why is she chewing her collar?? Well she's probably lonely, depressed over the loss of her companion, & bored just to name a few.

You need to re-examine how you house your pets, & take their happiness & best interest under consideration.

3. ZOE*BOXER

ZOE*BOXER Boxer Insane

Well done, I could not have said it better. ;) Here I am, early Sunday morning waiting to hear my Flash waking up and coming up front to hang out with me. Since they are in always, I know their habits and he always comes looking for his mama. lovicon They are such people pets. ;)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  4. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

Yes they are people pets!!!! And they like to be inside with their families! If Pebbles is left outside all the time... there's a reason she is displaying unfavorable behavior! There may be a reason she feels she is not getting enough attention! I wouldn't be happy either if I were left outside away from the rest of the family!

5. whosierbabe

whosierbabe Boxer Buddy

Can't say that I could keep my bubbie outside all the time either. He'd probably try to break down the door! Not only that, he can jump and CLIMB fences! I've seen him attempt both. He can leap a 4ft fence in a single bound and somehow he's figured out how to first get a foothold on a fence then basically hop up the fence foot hold to foot hold. I've never seen anything like it! He can do this on chain link fences and on wooden ones too!

Besides, he'd get lonely and be very, very unhappy. Plus, there are health concerns with weather, especially the summer heat right now. Today it was up to 100F! Way TOO hot for any outdoor activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.