1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Pea Head"

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by ForeverMama, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverMama

ForeverMama Boxer Insane

Is it normal for the head of a boxer to look small for his body at one year old?
    Balboa's head seems small compared to the rest of his body. Just curious if his head size will grow into his body size or is he just going to stay a "pea head" as my DS quite often refers to him? :eek:

2. Rocky's Ma

Rocky's Ma Completely Boxer Crazy

LOL Sorry, but that made me laugh. I have seen some Boxers with smaller heads before. I remember one particular time at the dog park, we met this guy about my age (24) and his male Boxer that was just a bit younger than Rocky. Well, he was like OMG your dog has such a huge head! I had to laugh, because I think he was just used to seeing his dog, which had a tiny head. :) Rocky does have a big head, but I think it's how it's supposed to look? :LOL:

3. Net45582

Net45582 Banned

LOL-hard to tell without a picture.

4. ForeverMama

ForeverMama Boxer Insane

Sorry, but I don't have a digital camera yet. Its on my want list.

5. Net45582

Net45582 Banned

I think WallyWorld can copy regular photos to CD. Once on CD you should be able to share....just a thought.

6. ForeverMama

ForeverMama Boxer Insane

Thanks, I didn't realize they could do that. I have several rolls of film that I need to get developed. I'll check on having some put on CD.

7. Daisy'sDaddy

Daisy'sDaddy Boxer Buddy

I donno if this is typical, but my Daisy has what looks like a traditional boxer head, skull size, and shape. But she also seems to be one of those petite boxers, so i think she has done the majority of her skeletal growth (even though i read the full maturation period is around 2 years for females). Brutus on the other hand, has I think what you are referring to as a "pea head," but huge paws and shoulders, so at my guess I would think its a final height/weight issue and he will grow into it. To give you a better idea of what i mean, if you look at the pictures, at last weigh in Daisy was 8 months @ 45 lbs and Brutus was 18 weeks @ 42 lbs and Brutus was maybe .5" to 1" shorter at the withers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.