1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pancreatitis in 9 month old puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by michizme, Jun 8, 2016.

1. michizme

michizme Boxer Buddy

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with puppies and pancreatitis. Our nine month old was diagnosed last week and I'm just so confused. We have had an older Boxer with pancreatitis but I have never heard of it in puppies. We don't feed him people food, or high fat. He eats a quality, grain-free food. He is active and not overweight. Anything that typically can cause pancreatitis doesn't apply with him. Any suggestions?

2. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Is the food you are feeding puppy food, or an all life stages food? Often times puppy food is high in fat to add calories.

3. silly24boxer

silly24boxer Super Boxer

Well my puppy happened to eat mouldy old lawn mower grass, he ended up with pancreatitis and IBD. So I am guessing certain dogs are more prone that others from eating something they shouldn't be. I have also been through this before with my other boxer, his was food related and we where not able too find out tell much later in years. So check his food, treats and make sure he is not sneaking things he shouldn't be.