1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overfeeding

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by beren, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beren

beren Boxer Booster

Fenric has had loose stools for some time and as we have heard that overfeeding is a potential cause for that we decided to cut back some on the food.

Now our feeding has been well within the CS guidelines, but since we have also given him additional snacks (bones, eggs, kong etc) and I have heard that the CS guidelines are considered high by some we stated cutting back two days ago.

My question: if overfeeding was the cause, how soon should we see results?

He somehow managed to either not have a bowel movement yesterday or, more likely, snuck one or two in when he was outside and he got distracted by something.

Today he has eliminated twice and both have been much improved. Should I have seen results this soon? How long should I keep this up to be sure the problem is better since he has always had some stools there were much less loose than normal?

Follow up: When I do give him bones, eggs, kongs or other snacks, is there any easy way to equate that a certain amount of kibble so I know how much to stay bellow the guidlines?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.