Our new brindle boy needs a name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingIndy

Boxer Pal
Having a hard time coming up with the perfect name, he's pretty dark (reverse brindle). We dont get him till June 8th but DH and I would like to pick out the name so we don't end up with fighting kids or a dog named "brown dog" LOL!

I think the little guy looks like he could handle a serious or even a bit romantic name and of course DH wants a strong, powerful name.

So far our list is Titus, Sherlock, Brutus, Hercules, Romeo, Rebel, Tank, Dobie (is what the breeder has named him), Robie (personal reason, our other boxer passed away while I was running a race called Race to Robie Creek), Tank, and Apollo. We have a bulldog named Norman (that is the perfect name for that dog!), so it would be cute to have them go together, but not necessary. DH is a police officer, so names that fit with his occupation would be fun also. Our first boxer's name was Independence (and our first son is Justus), so patriotic type names would be good as well.

I'd just love to hear any ideas you all may have.

Thanks so much for any help!

joannaryan

Boxer Insane
I like Rebel...that was my first boxers name who passed away 3 years ago, and I also like Booker. I hope you find a name that suits you new furkid! Good luck :)

Cami

Boxer Insane
Cruz.... as in police cruiser.
Barney..... as in Barney Fife from the Andy Griffith Show. Norman and Barney would be hilarious (in a good way).
Force....as in police force
Trooper
Kodiak (CB radio slang for a police officer with a radar...my dad was a truck driver!)
Uni....as in uniform.

I like out of the ordinary names but that is just me!

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
When I read he is dark, and you wanted something strong and possibly romantic the name Zorro popped into my head. Or if anyone is a history buff, with the name Norman you could use Saxon, both of which have ruled in the Great Britain

MissingIndy

Boxer Pal
Thanks for the suggestions, and keep them coming if anyone else has any :) I love the name Zorro, but DH isn't for it. So hard to agree.

MissingIndy

Boxer Pal
Apollo is a good name, they all are - it just seems like it's hard to find "the one" for your own dog - but when you say it, you know its right! Atlas is gorgeous, I love seeing the pics of everyone's dogs in their avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.