Our application is in and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwilsonct

Boxer Pal
we've had our interview, home inspection, and references checked! We are in CT and working with Adopt a Boxer Rescue and they are so wonderful! They seem to like us a lot too and I think the hardest part of this whole thing is the wait... it's killing me! Granted, we are only like 2 weeks into this, but we are SO ready!
Keep your eyes peeled for a young female, hopefully a brindle! We've seen 4 or 5 that are already adopted or spoken for and would appreciate any help finding our new baby!
For those of you that have rescued, did you have any issues bonding with your dog? I've had 3 boxers in the past, but they were all puppies so I'm new to the rescue thing.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
...For those of you that have rescued, did you have any issues bonding with your dog? ...

We rescued Blake when he was 5, and no bonding issues. Just takes a little longer for them to trust you. Good luck to you! Recue is not only great for the dog, it will make you feel good too. Hope you get a match soon.

mancin

Boxer Insane
For those of you that have rescued, did you have any issues bonding with your dog? I've had 3 boxers in the past, but they were all puppies so I'm new to the rescue thing.

I actually think my rescue and I have a stronger bond than I do with my other 2 dogs. It's not that I love her any more than the other 2 or spoil her any more than the other 2, but she APPRECIATES everything so much more because she didn't grow up with all of the love she gets now! Granted, she bonded to me immediately (and her separation anxiety had something to do with that) however now that her SA is really under control, we still have that strong bond. Thank you for rescuing!! Your rescue will pay you back 100 times over once you get one. lovicon

Last edited:

MochaMommy

Boxer Buddy
Congratulations and thank you for rescuing! It's an amazing feeling. You're saving a life and that's priceless.

Your bond will most likely come quickly and easily. It may take awhile for your new baby to completely trust you depending on the hardship that he/she has faced in their former life but it's something about rescues. It's almost as if they know that you saved them, and their love is overwhelming!

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
My Rescue bonded instantly infact she was a foster that was only supposed to stay for a short time and we fell in love with each other I think the first day I knew she would never leave

Status
Not open for further replies.