Orijen to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoraBoxer

Super Boxer
Hey guys,

I thought i'd give Orijen another shot with our new boy but we are in the same boat as with our girl, which is water poop. I have a few questions:

-protein 38% vs 31%... is this a big difference? If 38% is too much would 31% be too much as well? or more to do with the other ingredients in the forumla?

-he hasn't been on any real quality food... and only been on Orijen for about 2 weeks. how would I go about transitioning to a new less rich food? Do I still have to ween off Orijen?

-anyone go from orijen to acana recently?

Cami

Boxer Insane
I'm in the process of a changeover to Acana. The stint with Orijen was brief (was also using Nature's Variety Instinct). Previous food was TOTW.
When my transition had to speed up due to the recall Raine was pretty much diarrhea. I went cold turkey to Acana (Wild Prairie).
Outside of a blip on the radar this past weekend her stool is improving.
http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/feeding/162313-food-transistion-underway.html
In her case since she her stool was already so bad a complete switch couldn't have made things worse (it got better).

CoraBoxer

Super Boxer
Sounds horrible. Mine had chipped his nail. At the time his stool was fine. When he went on antibiotics stool went downhill. He's been off the meds for a week now and i'm in the same situation as you with sightings of blood and still water. About 2-3 weeks into the orijen. I don't even care about the huge bag of it I have left. Was going to go to the store today and see if I can't pick something up. I was sorta thinking the same thing about just skipping the ween all together. Acana not doing it huh? :(

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.