1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oregon Events

Discussion in 'Boxer Bash & Events' started by marzydoatz, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marzydoatz

marzydoatz Boxer Pal

We are most interested in attending a boxer event in Oregon, but I have been unable to locate anything. Can you help? We would love to show off our baby, a 7 year old female brindle. Despite her gray whiskers, she is a doll in all ways.

Marzydoatz, mom of Roxy above, and our beloved Bubby who crossed the bridge in August at the age of 4.

2. Astoreen

Astoreen Completely Boxer Crazy

I don't know how interested you would be in driving up to Seattle next Saturday for our "area" boxer bash. You are more than welcome to attend. While I do not have directions, there is a thread here regarding it under "NW Bash, Nov. 3" or something along those lines. Our girl, Madison, and I will be driving up from Olympia to attend for a couple hours and I know that we would love to have you for an afternoon of fun.

Trishia, Tim and Madison

3. Linda

Linda Boxer Insane

Whereabouts in Oregon are you?
    We have had several boxer play days. We're now having one the second Sunday of each month (now weather permitting ;) ). It's listed in the calendar of events in the Dog Nose News, so the attendance can vary (2 or 3 dogs to 15 or more).

We have it at noon at North Clackamas Park (south of Portland).

I just now saw the news about the Seattle play day! :( I would have been up early and driving to Seattle, but we already have plans. :(

4. marzydoatz

marzydoatz Boxer Pal

We are in The Dalles, so would be very easy to get down there. I am putting it on our schedule as we speak. Thanks so much for sharing, as I have been searching and searching. Boxers are the best!

5. willies_spots

willies_spots Boxer Booster

hello fellow oregonians! so can i assume that there will be antoher play day on the 25th? we've been stearing clear of the dog park becuase cassius got a bad case of kennel cough from there...have you had any problems? we've been going to gabrial park where many boxers come by, but as you all know boxers LOVE to wrestle and swap spit rather than chase each other like the other dogs so i'm afraid he will come down with kennle cough again. let me know my husband and i would love for our baby to play with others, it's so fun to watch them!

6. marzydoatz

marzydoatz Boxer Pal

I'm not sure when the next play day will be - I thought they were the second Sunday of each month, weather permitting. We attended the one on November 11 with Roxy (7 year old sweetheart brindle cropped and docked). This was our first event. Where is Gabriel Park? Any other ideas where we could take her for socialization? She doesn't get around other dogs too much. She especially loves puppies.

Since attending the last play day, with two puppies attending along with the older dogs, I really want another pup (also need my head examined). We just lost our best friend, Buddy, male brindle, and Roxy's son, in August at 4 years of age, and I am still not over that as there are too many unanswered questions as to cause of death.

Hope to see you at one of the upcoming events. Would be nice to get a big group out.

Marzydoatz
    Owned by Roxy - 7 year old female brindle boxer,
    Amos - 13 year old black cat
    Buddy - waiting at the bridge

7. Linda

Linda Boxer Insane

I had ther boxer play day put in the Dog Nose News for the second Sunday of every month at noon at North Clackamas Park--next one December 9th). Of course there may not be many people showing up when the weather gets bad.

I have only been to Gabriel Park once last fall, and the dog area was closed. I've heard other people say they go there and have never seen another boxer. I guess it depends on when you go. :)

I take my dogs to the dog park frequently and have never had any problems with them getting sick.

8. ricknmax

ricknmax Boxer Pal

I would go

If there where boxer events here in Oregon I would attend with my 2 boxers. maybe we should think about starting something.

9. Linda

Linda Boxer Insane

Re: I would go

We do have a boxer play day in Oregon (see my post above). Second Sunday of each month--noon at North Clackamas Park in Milwaukie (south of Portland). :)
    What part of Oregon are you from?

10. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

Linda, would you perhaps post the link to our other Oregon play dates so people can see the pics! I wont be able to make any Sundays until at least after Christmas, im working every weekend until the Holidays are over.

Lacie sends Bailey and Remy boxer hugs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.