Opinions on a name for a male boxer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanker

Boxer Buddy
After losing our first boxer boy, Tank, my wife and I have been kicking around names for our future pup(will be going to see the litter in end of February). Kaiser or Panzer. We want to still with a German name, but also have a military theme, as well(Reason we named our first, Tank). I like both, but my issue is that as much as I like the name Panzer, it seems as though I'm in a round-about way naming him the same, just different language. Panzer means armour in German. I know we will more than likely see our future pup and possibly go a completely different route, but I was just wanting to get some opinions between the two. Thank you in advance.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Over two, I would probably choose Panzer. My brother had wanted me to name my first boxer Panzer, but I chose Markus, which means intelligent defenfer.

CrazyCharlie

Completely Boxer Crazy
Well, I like Panzer as well, Although I had about 5 different names going through my head before I got Charlie. The more I stared at his picture the more I said he could really be a Charlie.... then I picked him up.... He was a Charlie. So you never really know til you meet the little guy. :)

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
When I mentioned the german military angle to my DH he suggested Luger. I like Panzer as well.

Tanker

Boxer Buddy
Luger was one of the many names we considered as well. But, thank you all for your input. It is very appreciated.

brodieboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
How about Rommel, Guderian, Blitz, or Mauser? DH is a European history prof., and he suggested these. Funny, Panzer is the first name he suggested!

Tanker

Boxer Buddy
Luger, Blitz and Panzer are what we have narrowed it down to. I had actually suggested the name Mauser since it's is both German and I am a WWII history nut. I'm thinking it will end up added to the list of possibilities. Thanks for the suggestions

lunishka

Boxer Pal
I just met a male boxer named DOZER and it liked it. But if I ever get a male dog Im thinking Ill name him BARTLES...I like it a lot!

Tanker

Boxer Buddy
That is so funny about the name Dozer. We went to visit our pup(which we decided Kaiser would be his name) and noticed the breeder still had one of the males left. So we decided to take him as well(the family that originally was going to claim him backed out and went with a different breed of dog instead). My daughter named him Dozer since he kept falling asleep in her arms( and he was the bigger pup of the litter so she also was thinking he might be a bit of a bull"Dozer"). Can't wait until another 4 weeks to being them home!

ScoutLove

Boxer Buddy
I like the name Dozer for a male.

Our female boxer's name is Tonka and I have always joked that if I got a male I would name it Truck or Dozer because of her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.