Oh, those ridiculous comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Boxer Insane
As boxer-owners, I know we all have encountered questions and comments from people that are irritating, annoying, and sometimes just plain funny. Only other boxer people can truly appreciate this.

Here are some I've personally heard:

On meeting Remy-
"Oh, he's an albino."

On meeting Bailey-
"Is she a Brittany?" :LOL:

About Remy's "shorter" cropped ears-
"Does he have a fighting crop" :mad:

Talking about differences in boxer's sizes:
"You know, there ARE two different breeds of boxers. One larger and one smaller." :rolleyes:

And, of course, everyone's favorite:
"Is that a pit bull?"

leenasmom

Boxer Insane
[And, of course, everyone's favorite:
"Is that a pit bull?" [/B][/QUOTE]

This is our favorite. Mason's snout is longer than Leena's, and everyone asks me that.:rolleyes:

danelle

Boxer Booster
We were coming out of PetsMart Saturday and this guy approached us and asked if Creed was a Stratsford Terrier? I have never heard of such a thing, but geezzz! I wanted to say, "No you idiot, he's a boxer!" But I restrained myself. Creed is fawn with a black mask and little bitty white feet.
Before I studied about boxers and new better, if I saw a white one, I always thought they were pit bulls. I did not know boxers were white too, so you live and you learn. But a terrier????

Lozes2

Boxer Booster
Stratford Terriers look like Pit Bulls! My friend has a pit and he says that it's a terrier because of the number of people that don't like pits... Ginger gets called a pit bull all the time, and I can't stand it. Then they ask if we have faught her yet!! I hate pople like that

Spotty's people

Super Boxer
we were even asked if he was a ROTTWEILER!!!!!!!
Also, Pit Bull.... he towers over pit bulls! (He's closer to 26")

Good grief, some people are ignorant!

How about... " he looks viscous... is he viscous?"
Yeah... if you're a CAT!!!!!

The more understandable mistake is thinking he could be an American Bulldog... just because of his colouration. He's got a definite Boxer punched-in nose & dishy-face.

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
'Stratsford Terrier' ???????????

I think they must mean Staffordshire bull Terrier which is VERY popular in the UK and does look similar to the Pit Bull.

Anyway - People have asked if Billy is a 'Rockweiler' - he's not even black for goodness sake!

Linda

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by danelle
We were coming out of PetsMart Saturday and this guy approached us and asked if Creed was a Stratsford Terrier? I have never heard of such a thing, but geezzz!

I believe a Staffordshire Terrier is sometimes referred to as a pit bull. There are American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and American Pit Bull Terriers. (They all look pretty much the same to me. :o )

Before I studied about boxers and new better, if I saw a white one, I always thought they were pit bulls. I did not know boxers were white too, so you live and you learn. But a terrier????

I didn't know there was such a thing as a white boxer before we got Remy either. Of course, you never learn if you don't ask questions. What's funny is the people who ACT like they KNOW, and they don't.

Tulsa-Dan

Your Friendly Moderator
I could have "I AM A BOXER" tattooed on Susie side and people would still come up and say: "Is he a pit bull?"

And why does everyone assume my girls are boys? Don't they know a "dangling participle" when they see one?

:D :D

The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me.

monty'smum

Completely Boxer Crazy
I've often been asked if Monty is a "She" and not a he. I could understand it if he was a long haired dog like a collie or german shepherd, but honestly its very obvious what his sex is.

The other thing that people will ask me is "gosh, he's the image of a boxer but what he mixed with?". All this simply because he has his tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.