Oh, those lovely boxer burns....

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcdefamily

Boxer Booster
Oh My....

We are getting ready to move and so of course the house is in chaos...
With 3 skin kids and my boxer girl things have been quite hectic.
Yesterday and last night I spent a LOT of time doing laundry and finally got
it all done and folded... Alas, the skin kids were alseep and I didn't want to risk waking anyone by putting their laundry away, so I left it folded in stacks on the back of the couch.

The kids just now left for the bus and as they left the dog just went CRAZY! LOL Started burning all around the house, living room, kitchen, entry way, living room, kitchen, entry way.... it was hysterical... but she uses the couch as her backstop in the living room and now the laundry is EVERYWHERE again!

I love that she does that and I know the burst of energy is partially caused by how busy we've been (we're getting one 45 min walk a day right now, and the kids take her out for a couple of shorter romps). I am anxious to be moved so I can start getting back to normal...

Boxer burns are SO funny but she sure did mess up a lot of work! Sigh...
gotta love them. Now she's laying on top of all that ruined laundry looking at me like 'What.... it's soft... I didn't break anything!!" hahahaha
Too cute!

Carolyn and Victoria

marciafinn

Boxer Insane
That is cute - I can just picture her sweet face.
Mason has been cooped up the last couple days because of the rain so when we let him out and there is a break from the rain, it boxer burns all over the yard! They just crack me up! :)
Marcia & Mason

Ali_Crazy

Super Boxer
What a fun story. Sorry about the mess though. Ali does the same thing we either me or my boyfriend get home from work. Also using the couch as a backstop. It is so funny to watch him. But sometimes he gets out of control and stuff goes everywhere!

Ashley and Ali

ljnash

Boxer Insane
abcdefamily said:
Oh My....

Started burning all around the house, living room, kitchen, entry way, living room, kitchen, entry way.... it was hysterical... but she uses the couch as her backstop in the living room and now the laundry is EVERYWHERE again!

Beau uses the couch as a backstop, too when he burns! It's hilarious!

Lenore

abcdefamily

Boxer Booster
The hard part will be that when we move, the couch will no longer be situated against a wall. LOL I'm concerned that she'll either fly over the back of the couch, or else knock the couch over. LOL Hopefully neither will happen.

She's so darn cute you just can't be mad. LOL

ljnash

Boxer Insane
I was also afraid Beau would knock the couch (actually a futon) over, so I moved it against a wall! Your couch may be heavier than my futon frame and not as easy to knock over.

Lenore

beasleymom

Super Boxer
I know exactly how you feel! This has happened at my house, too. My couch creates the separation between eating area and living room area (I have a large great room floor plan) so it's not against a wall. You may find that your couch will eventually need some back reinforcement, as Beasley has discovered how much fun it is to use the couch not only as a backstop (for indoor only burns), but also as a launching pad for leaping off the back of the couch and out the patio door (for indoor/outdoor burns) when the weather is nice. I have to admit this is a hilarious thing to watch! Some days I feel like he needs a cape - then I can call him SUPER BEASLEY! foolicon

Hope your move goes smoothly - are you staying in Indiana?

abcdefamily

Boxer Booster
Yes, we're staying right here in town... just moving to a new location as our landlord here did not want to go month to month on a lease. We probably will turn around and do this again in about 3 months. LOL Because this move was sort of last minute (we just found out the landlord is not renewing the lease about a week ago, for the end of the month) and the house we found isn't ideal but it will work for the time being. What a hassle.

I will definitely consider some kind of back support for the couch!

bikerchic

Boxer Buddy
Ozric is under the assumption that our couches were purchased as part of his indoor gymnasium or his bedroom ensemble. He uses it to launch on top of his two sisters quite often. My middle furchild is a rhodensian ridgeback mix mutt (We think) and she uses the couch as a hurdle. It amazes me. She will launch of the floor and hurdle the entire couch - and its not a small one either. Its pretty funny to watch, but we've also resigned ourselves to the fact that we will not have nice couches for years to come.

As much destruction as they might bring, their antics sure do crack me up.

Maggie'sMama

Boxer Booster
We're afraid of our couch becoming a launching pad as well. Maggie rarely includes the couch in her burns - she mainly goes up there when she's chasing the cat. However, we are considering building a house and the plans we've picked out have an open great room floor plan, so both couches will be away from the walls. I can just imagine what kind of chaos that will bring - especially since the cat already knows the joys of jumping up on the couch from behind and scaring mommy half to death! We, too, won't be getting any nice new couches for a while yet! :) Oh well, we wouldn't trade our babies for the world!

Ali & Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.