1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if I have a boxer

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by scaree, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaree

scaree Boxer Pal

Hi my name is Sherry...and my doggie is Peanut...I am new here....and not really sure if I am using the forum right....I have a puppy who is 4 months now....I was not looking for a boxer but my sister got this puppy without thinking ahead about the responsibilities of raising a dog....so I took him in...I never saw the parents but my sister says that the mother was a boxer and not sure about the father....I have looked at tons of pictures on this website and he has alot of features of the other dogs...however...I noticed that boxers have a sort of smooshed upturned nose and poppy eyes....he almost looks that way but his nose is a little long and his eyes are not so poppy...I wish I could send a picture...don't have one yet...for a while I thought there was the possibility that he may have some pit...but his head and chest are way too small...his jaw is sort of wide...he is a beautiful fawn and white color and his skin is loose...is that common....he has the traits of a boxer...catching flies....zipping really fast here and there....WHAT IS A BOXER WOO WOO SONG??? Is it common for boxers to look a little like Pits?? I am moving to Vegas and they don't take kindly to PIT BULLS....also....I would like to dock his tail...is he too old?? Thanks!!!!:confused:

2. VTbxrFan

VTbxrFan Boxer Insane

Well, I can't say anything for sure without seeing a picture, but there are a lot of purebred boxers out there with longer muzzles than the standard calls for. Also keep in mind that puppies can go through some very funky phases as they grow -- he might look a lot more like a typical boxer when he gets older. I'm not sure about the loose skin -- it's been a long, long time since I had a puppy! It is too late to dock the tail -- that should be done within the first couple of days. At this point, it would be considered amputation and a reputable vet would not do it unless his tail were injured. Just enjoy the natural tail -- they are becoming more and more common. Quite a few people on this board have boxers with natural tails -- I think they look great!

3. Dragosani1

Dragosani1 Boxer Pal

Go to the Member galleries and type in "More Bob". From your description your dog sounds kinda like one I used to own. Tell me if there is a resemblance.:D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.