Not good news

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Definitely do not give her anymore vaccinations, except those required by law, like rabies. I do not give any vaccinations after their puppy shots. except rabies, which I only do every five years or so. It's not the law here. Vaccinations can cause all sorts or problems. :( People don't get repeat vaccinations, why should dogs. It is a real cash cow for vets, that is why they encourage it. Sorry for my rant.

Hug Lilly for my and spoil her like rotten.

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
Thanks Jan! No I totally agree! Thats our plan to spoil her even more now. Treasure each day..... what to do about flea and tick? ticks are really bad here in Jersey. i use the topical.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
If fleas are really bad, a topical is the best thing to use. Fortunately fleas are not a problem here. It's too darn cold in the winter. Dog ticks can be bad, but they don't carry any diseases. I just check Allie everyday and remove any ticks. I might put a topical on once in June, when they are really bad.

Linda/NJ

Boxer Insane
My girl still with us, its hard watching her deteriorate. She's losing a lot of weight and has been for a year, now its obvious, with ribs showing. Not much of an appetite. Does not want her food, but will eat when I make her boiled chicken, eggs, will eat wet dog food, so buying her some of those, even I feel they are crap, just to get food in her. Its so hard dealing wit this, I cry a lot as time goes on.....

Cami

Boxer Insane
I know your pain. Sending hugs. At this point anything you can get them to eat is something, some form of calories and it makes them happy to get new things. Wishing you peace.

bxrbgood

Boxer Insane
So sorry to hear this. Our Dakota hung on for 5 months with cancer. The last month was very hard. The hardest thing I've ever done was go have her put down. But she was in terrible pain. I still miss her.
Best wishes for you as you cope with this.
My ginger and Lily are getting up there. We're managing an MCT on Gingers foot with a small dose of Prednisone every other day.