1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good news

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Linda/NJ, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

My Lily started having some issues the other day, throwing up bile and hacking, lethargic, not eating and wouldn't hold water down. Back to the vet, had so many visits this year already. She also lost weight and keeps losing it, 73 lbs last September, now 62 lbs. Xrays show abdominal mass and we will go somewhere Saturday am to get an ultrasound to learn the specifics. So heartbroken, my girl turned 10 last month. Past few months she has really slowed down and I had a feeling something else was going on. She did it a little today, and drinking. Have to fast for 12 hours 9pm on tonight. Wish us luck. I am scared of the outcome, although at 10 not sure if I want to put her through another surgery. She had a lump removed 2 years ago and it was hard on her. if surgery is an option not sure if she will survive it or how bad the recovery will be... I will keep you posted on our sweet girl. So upsetting.....

2. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Praying whatever is going on is curable or at least manageable. Best wishes, healing vibes, white light, positive energy and good thoughts being sent your way. Lilly and you will be in my prayers. Keep us posted.

3. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Thanks Susi.

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry that you didn’t get good news. Hopefully the ultrasound will show that it's not too bad.
    I am sending lots of positive vibes your way. ——->>>>>>

5. rena

rena Boxer Booster

Oh no - glad you’re getting ultrasound. I didn’t do that with my Mick until it was too late. Sending many positive healing vibes.

6. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

The ultrasound found mass on liver. will go over the report with her doctor. We are recommended to get an ultrasound guided FNA of liver and biopsy of mass from the radiologist. The report does not clearly state the lobal location or size??? very upset, now some symptoms she has can be related. her stomach lining is irritated theyblisted gastritis and pancreatitis. ughhh, thats another matter, not sure if related. have so many questions and decisions to make. we may do biopsy to see the severity.

7. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry that you didn't get good news! hugicon

8. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

I am just now catching up ... so sorry .... sending prayers hugicon

9. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

So mass on liver is what? What is the treatment? Do they suspect cancer? How is she feeling now?

10. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

She has been eating and drinking, she'll run inside after potty. Better than 2 weeks ago. We are not sure exactly whether cancer or not. My vet said due to the size and location and her age, biopsy and surgery is TOO risky. Not to put her through it and we agree. So our plan is let her live her life out and treasure each day with her. We really do not know how long she has left with us. It is just sad.....My question I have and will discuss with vet, Lily is due for her shots in September. We do not know if she has cancer or not, My feeling is to skip and not do these vaccinations any more?? She would also get bordatella vaccine if she stays with a pet sitter. What to do about flea and tick preventative? I am not stopping heart worm monthly meds.