Not a candidate for being an emergency rescue dog, obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
We all try to expose our pups to as many new things as possible when they're young, to avoid them being scared as adults .....but there are some things that you just don't think of ......

Just now an ambulance came down our street , driving slowly ( not a major road and its a dead-end, so highly unusual ) - Sirens blaring, lights flashing. Luna happened to be in the garden and hot footed it back inside like a maniac, plainly spooked big time.

Knocked over and broke a large floor vase, then toppled a side table, smashing a glass ornament and 2 photo frames.

Thankfully she was not hurt and settled down OK once it had passed ... but note to self to keep her away from emergency vehicles !

Last edited:

KBrooks

Boxer Pal
HAHA poor little girl! I don't think we've had any emergency vehicles close enough, but I imagine my male would do the same thing <3

gulfcoastguy

Super Boxer
That would give me problems as I live right behind a hospital, ambulances and medivac choppers are fairly common. They didn't bother my Trudy and hopefully they won't bother my next little guy. He should be ready around Labor Day(on a waiting list with a breeder).

Roge

Boxer Insane
Aww poor girl..my parents Boxer (Roge,s littermate )is like that he doesn't like anything loud ,on the other hand Roge will usually bark back at a loud noise as if to say "how dare you make more noise than me "

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
Roge will usually bark back at a loud noise as if to say "how dare you make more noise than me "

LOL ! That's how my Jack Russell was, he was up front and ready to fight it off.

My Lab, Bailey was out there too, calmly sitting there wondering what on earth all the commotion was. I knew the ambulance had to come back- so I took Luna back out with the others, hoping that Bailey's attitude would help her realise that it was no big deal. She was better, and stood her ground for a few seconds, all be it velcroed to my leg, but then retreated back to the house, nub tucked in ... but at least at normal speed this time :)

Roge

Boxer Insane
Yes I really think that just like a small child they look to you for guidance.
I have to say though I with her not liking the flashing lights and siren of an ambulance it always means that someone is in trouble, it gives me a cold shiver every time..

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Poor Luna! It has to be scary not knowing what that noise is. The good thing is she ran home and not away. That is something to be thankful for. If Arabella is outside and she hears sirens she wants to go inside. Once inside or if she was there to begin with and she has a window to protect her she gets "brave" and barks at whatever is making the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.