1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest Foster....VINNY!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by RockyCody, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa H

Lisa H Completely Boxer Crazy

I think he looks like a havanese....my friend has one that looks just like him...he is sweet!

2. SabrinaMN

SabrinaMN Boxer Booster

He's adorable! You can do a swab test for $80 to see what he is. My neighbor did it with her mutts. It was so neat to see what they all are made from.
    I'm going to guess some schnauzer, Maltese, shi tzu.
    Ilove him and his name is suits him to a T.

3. SabrinaMN

SabrinaMN Boxer Booster

Ooh, just saw the Havanese suggestion. I could def see that.

4. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

Poor Vinny

Vinny has pneumonia. Boy oh boy did he go from "fine" to crashing overnight. He had to stay in the hospital in an oxygen cage on saturday night, but I picked him up last night. He's breathing heavily and hard still, and refusing to eat. He's such a good pup, espeically for his age, and he has TONS of families waiting to make him a new addition.

It sounds geeky -but as I was cuddling him last night (I slept on the couch with him so I could make sure he doesnt' take his IV out and that he was okay) I kept telling him "Hang in there little man, you have had a rough start but you have such a wonderful life waiting for you".

I hope he makes it :(

5. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Poor Vinny! We are sending healthy ((((vibes)))) to that lttle cutie!

6. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

Update on Vinny

Vinny has been eating for the past 2 day now - granted, nothing TOO much - but he's eating some can food, baby food, etc. He's starting tio look a little better, but I'm still not sure he is out of the woods yet.

I'm also worried about Rocky - he's been a bit lethargic lately, not sure if he just is tired from the rainy weather or what - but no sniffles/coughing from him that I've noticed yet. I hope he doesn't get sick - becuase whatever strain of pneumonia that Vinny has - it's nasty. Poor little thing.

Here is a pic of Vinny when I visited him in the hospital the other day:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9fyl_BZ15OtIZ_Bhw80CJw?feat=directlink
    (he came out of his oxygen kennel to sit on my lap :)

Here he is at the vet - one of our vet techs has him now until he's better - she has the ability to take him to work with her - which I can't do :(. I'm hoping to get him back this weekend if he's doing well enough.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uMiXFZkw0GrvAWq6fsAkBw?feat=directlink

7. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Glad to hear there is an improvemrnt ,I sure hope that Rocky is ok , sending healing >>>vibes>>>> your way.

8. johann

johann Boxer Insane

Poor Vinny! I hope he keeps improving and can come home soon.

9. EAO76

EAO76 Boxer Insane

Lhasa Apso was my 1st reaction but shih tzu is possible too

10. DSmitty

DSmitty Super Boxer

I hope Vinny gets better real soon! He's very lucky to have a great Foster Mom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.