1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to rescue/adoption

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Kathi Barrett, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings all!

Well, I started out with one brindle 8 week old puppy from a breeder a year ago to.... 3! :eek: I really wanted a playmate for Baxter and wanted to help out the local rescue. enter...Chloe ;)

Chloe is a 1 1/2 year old brindle female,natural ears who was found tied in an airline crate, outside for her whole life. They even removed the mesh door and replaced it with a wooden door and then drilled 4 holes in it for air... she had not been housebroken, no training and didn't know how to do steps or navigate average household things. It was sooo sad.. She was SO underweight and craving for attention. I have had her 3 weeks now and she's doing great :p She is well socialized, walks on a leash and gets along with Baxter like a satr crossed lover... neither of them are dog or food aggressive.. so far, so good... Enter Tyson ;)

Things have been going so well and I wanted to continue helping my local rescue; I walked in for a visit and there he was... lovicon

A pure white boxer named... Tyson. He was a bag of bones with the sweetest expression and 1 brindle "blotch" between the ears. He was so thin I was physically sick to my stomach.
    After I got past the visual aspect, I got to know him better. My rescue was swamped at the time (almost always, poor thing) and next thing I know, I was offering to foster :D

It's been 5 days now with 3 boxers... what a blast fiestaicon

We have been learning manners, walking on leashes all together :eek: and learning to get along. These 3 act like they grew up together... My college aged daughter home for the summer is ready to have me commited.. she wants a pug!

I will keep you posted.. thanks for listening :D Kathi

2. Robyn

Robyn Completely Boxer Crazy

Warm fuzzies!!!

Kathi!!!! You are too funny! Who would have guessed!? I'm so excited for you, you are a very special doggie MOM!!! Woo HOO!! :D

3. having the time of my life

Hi Robyn!!

Still alive and having a blast here smashicon These 3 are such characters: lol:

Tyson is filling out by the day, Chloe is less dominant and everyone is getting along...

Anyone have any tips on fun stuff to do with 3 other than scare the neighbors and strangers attempting to walk on the sidewalk :eek:

I plan to start working individually next week and get these 2 rescues some better manners and some obedience training.

I have pics on a disc, how do I get them in with these posts??

Kathi and the fiestaicon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.