New to BoxerWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownieMom

Boxer Pal
Howdy (from Houston, Texas):

I have enjoyed reading your forums very much. My husband and I recently (right before Hurricane Ike hit us) adopted a fawn boxer from our local shelter. She's about 2 years old, and we named her Brownie.

It has been very helpful for me to come here and find answers to some of my new-boxer-owner questions. Thanks so much!

BrownieMom

WoodHead

Boxer Pal
Welcome

Welcome from Southwest Florida, Woody says Hi Brownie and was glad to have missed the adventure with "Ike". He experienced the "C" storm just a little before it bacame a tropical storm with a name. That was while out in the Gulf of Mexico. Woody was just a pup when we were near the eye of Charley and he's kinda nervous during thunderstorms and such. Love those Boxers, you'll have fun.

GDOGS1

Boxer Insane
Welcome to BW from myself and GDOGS from the flatlands of Nebraska

MoM & DaD GDOGS 8/18/05 Brindle,Docked,Floppy and full of Zest

BrownieMom

Boxer Pal
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I have a picture of Brownie as my avatar, so I can spread the cuteness around. :)

We found out after we adopted her that Brownie had heartworms (animal control found her wandering in a field, and it looked like she had recently had puppies). She underwent treatment a week ago, and I'm taking her in today for a follow-up appointment. She's doing well so far. I'm hoping the prednisone will help her gain a little weight (although her 67 pounds was enough to pull me down in the street when she went after a squirrel).

Anyway, she is a joy to be around. We especially enjoy all of her different facial expressions. She clearly had a family before because she already knows many obedience commands. Our only struggle has been her desire to chase squirrels while on the walk. And there are tons of squirrels running around because so many trees were destroyed during Ike down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.