1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Standard Passes!

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by kassa, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RVsBoxer

RVsBoxer Super Boxer

Yes you're right Gmacleod, their opinions ARE valid, because everyone is entitled to one. I didn't mean to come across as being narrow-minded or anything, but I feel strongly about this (and I know there are many others who feel the same way) so I got a bit carried away :o
    Anyway, to re-phrase my last statement about banning (so I am not going out of topic), I really hope that an undocked tail will never be included as part of the Boxer standard and allowed in the show ring without penalty.

Btw, I really do agree with the issue brought up that individuals should be able to choose. However, looks like so far the majority's choice is for docked tails only. Well, majority rules :)

I do apologise for going out of topic with the banning issue.

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

This is an important observation. An amendment to add uncropped ears to the standard failed the last time it was presented, and did an amendment to the COE to allow limited registration on white Boxers. In the intervening years, people talked about the issues and educated others, and people joined ABC and Member Clubs, so that this time when they came around, the outcome was quite different. (The standard revision, incidentally, was approved by what could only be called a landslide. :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.