1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Standard Passes!

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by kassa, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BXR BUS

BXR BUS Boxer Booster

Does this mean the breeder HAS to give papers with whites or is it at the breeders descretion if they want to or not???

2. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

It is at the breeder's descretion. And the COE has been edited to make several requirements to go along with the placement of white puppies.

3. BXR BUS

BXR BUS Boxer Booster

Do you know what kind of requirements??
    I am just wondering, I have a white boy, strictly pet and I just dont see what all the fuss is about having papers for a white boxer when it does not really mean anything. I got papers with my reverse brindle but never sent them in, I had no real reason he is just a pet. Am I missing something??

4. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

Nope, not missing anything. If you are not going to register a pup, buying one without AKC registration papers is a non-issue. Up until this week, members of the ABC and their affiliated club were not allowed to register a white Boxer because it is a coal color that is not allowed in Conformation shows and not allowed to breed. I gave away a handsome white male from a litter a few years back. The owners love him as much as if they had spent $1,000.00 to buy him.

5. BXR BUS

BXR BUS Boxer Booster

Ok, thanks for all the info.
    I appreciate it.

I LOVE my white guy very much too:D:

6. kassa

kassa Boxer Insane

Just off the top of my head, I believe the requirement is that to place a white pup on limited registration (as many of us do with ANY pet puppy), there must be a spay/neuter contract. I also believe it states that they can be sold for their portion of the litter expenses, which would appear to say nothing above that (vaccinations, dew claws and tail, vet expenses for delivery, etc.) Now how one defines that, I don't know. Is health testing of the dam a litter expense? You could have a litter of 8 naturally, where the white pup's share is $100, or a litter of 2 by c-section where you could charge $1,000 :)

Any way you look at it, at least people can now honestly accept money for dogs that are every bit as well bred as their colored littermates. Or they may continue to place them with no contract and no papers of any kind, for no money.

7. boxer

boxer Boxer Insane

Great! Definitely a step in the right direction. Now all the US needs is to include a description of the natural tail ;) :D

8. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

LOL - that's *far* in the future; the current revision has an undocked tail severely penalized. :)

9. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

:LOL: Please don't hold your breath. You will turn blue and look like a Smurf :D

10. boxer

boxer Boxer Insane

Mmm - yes, I know. Couldn't resist though ;)

Seriously though, the uncropped ear has been around in many, if not most, boxer-breeding countries for a very long time. And the undocked tail isn't new either. The boxer is a German breed, so even those of us (myself included, of course) who live in countries that choose to write our own standards, should probably pay some heed to the German standard (it's their dog, after all). Germany, of course, says the boxer should be undocked and uncropped. But there is no fault penalty under the FCI standard for a dog that is docked and/or cropped if the laws in the dog's country of origin permit it. IMHO It would be nice if the rest of us could be so open minded. Showing is about judging conformation, and the surgical alteration of a dog by docking or cropping isn't a conformational issue... so how can a crop/dock or lack of it legitimately be a fault? And in saying that, I'm aware that the UK won't even allow cropped dogs to compete (so this isn't just a dig at the US to get into the 21st century, it's for all of us ;) ).

PS: lucky for me, I like smurfs (and you never know, that look might be an improvement) :D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.