1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New pup is now changing his mind about his current kibble

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by cherran, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherran

cherran Banned

I started to switch him from eukanuba(breeder had him on) to Nutro puppy..(which he didn't seem to care for) then i found out about chicken soup and got him a trial size bag of that. He LOVED it, but now he won't hardly eat it and goes to my other dogs bowls and eats their Nutro max small bites. I put their bowls up and he leaves the room.
    WHAT HAPPENED? I really was thrilled that he seem to love the "chicken soup" and felt good about feeding it, but now what? I mixed some of the regular Nutro max in with his chicken soup and he ate it. It's not "puppy formula" but the protein is high enough..26% and 16% on the fat.
    I just want to stick with something...tired of cleaning soft nasty poops off the carpet.
    ANY suggestions what i should do?

2. Chicagosarah

Chicagosarah Boxer Pal

I would switch them all to CS. Nutro Max has ciorn as a main ingredients which is hard for boxers to digest. Remember a puppy/dog is not going to starve itself. They will eat when they are hungry. If you change foods everytime you think your dog doesnt like a brand, you could be changing alot:) Stick with the chicken soup, its a great food and very healthy for your puppy!!! I would just keep the pup away from the nutro max:(

3. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

Puppies often are disinterested in their food unless you make it a bit more interesting for them. Holly is somewhat picky and Scrapper was also a picky eater. I add a bit of Evander's canned Chicken dog food (it's just pure chicken with just enough water for processing) and a little cottage cheese to Holly's puppy kibble to make it more exciting. Holly also prefers Scrapper's kibble to her own, which is fine by me, he eats Solid Gold and Avoderm Lamb and Rice. And Scrapper still has his "breakfast" too, every day; left over from his puppy days, his cottage cheese and canned chicken in the AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.