New Parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Y

Super Boxer
Hello everyone!

It's been four years since I had to put down my beloved 13 y/o Golden Retriever. I work at home and have missed my companion dearly (my children are grown with families of their own)but have had a difficult time making the decision to get another dog because of the pain of losing the--although I've been tossing around getting another friend for the last year. I've researched Boxers, spoke with my vet, been searching the local Humane Societies, met with boxer owners, read, read, and read more. I've not had any luck finding the pup/dog that was meant for me UNTIL last Sunday when my husband and children SURPRISED me with Oscar, a 6-week-old flashy mahogany brindle boy. I'm in love! Hubby's heart has been captured by Oscar also. We've had a clean vet check and Oscar's catching on to housebreaking quickly. I just can't believe how smart he is! (yeah, I'm bragging). Oscar's only problem (still after a week) is crying ALL NIGHT LONG for his mommy (me). :) I'm going to have to bite the bullet and let him cry all night--but it's SO difficult (cuz he loves he's mommy so much). We're working on placing Oscar for extended times in the crate--so, hopefully, this will help. This is getting longer than I had intended--I want to say thank you to BoxerWorld for all the info on the site in helping others make an informed decision regarding Boxers. Thanks!

Momma Kim and Oscar

Kim, welcome! We cant wait to hear all your stories about Oscar!Is he sleeping in the crate at night? Where is the crate at? Put it next to your bed and put your hand next to the crate. Maybe this will help,

------------------
Cindy Corl
Lacie female, brindle, natural ears,7-17-99

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the board.

As Cindy suggested put the crate in your bedroom if you can. Your puppy will be much happier if he can hear and smell you.

Good luck with Oscar, boxers are wonderful dogs! :D

------------------
Jan
Markus, dark brindle
neutered male, 6 yrs old

Status
Not open for further replies.