1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jzs, Jan 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzs

jzs Boxer Pal

Hi everybody, I just found this site, it's a wonderfull place to be, especially now i have just lost my four year old to heart problems, My husband and i are just lost, There are no words to describe the pain we feel! We knew she had suffered from seizures which is a terriable thing to watch your dog go through. The last week of her life was very stressfull, she collasped twice, She was being treated for severe seizures, but somehow i didn;t agree these were different there was no movement, however her breathing became very laboured we rushed her to our vets,He did one of those heart tests, and then told us she had CM, before we had a chance to react she collasped again and died. It was like we were stuck in time neither one of could believe this was happening to us,But now that reality has set in we are completely lost, she was way to young. thanks for listening.

2. Boxerworld

Boxerworld BW owner Staff Member

Hi jzs,

Welcome to the board, I hope you will enjoy it. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately there is not a lot to do with CM once your dog has it. Only breeders, by doing tests, can prevent this problem.
    You can read about CM at http://www.boxergallery.com/articles/cardiomyopathy.htm

Olly

3. L00nie1

L00nie1 Boxer Pal

Hi jzs

There seems to be a few of us that are going through this extremely tough time. I do know how you feel as my other posts state(please feel free to read them)I am sorry about your loss and the way it happened. I to am new to this board. I think I searched this place out to talk to people that understand, and I believe these people do cause they have gone through this type of thing sometimes more than once and I think that is amazing. I wish I had their strength. Some of the stories you'll read here are of rescues that are heart wrenching, some are amazing, that people will go to extreme lengths to help these beautiful animals is aweinspiring. I find it helps to learn more about our little buddies, it gives more understanding about them. Don't get me wrong only time will help you, but so will people that understand your loss. My loss was only 4 days ago and I'm still lost with out him. Welcome to the board.

4. buddy'smom

buddy'smom Boxer Pal

Hi jzs
    It is nice to see another fellow Canadian on board. I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss, but as Loonie1 just stated this is a great place to come and help you deal with your feelings right now. Everyone here is very supportive and will help you all through it. I too joined this board at a time of need, as my Buddy had begun having gran mal seizures last June. Needless to say it was a very emotional summer for me, and in September I found this board. Everyone who responded to my post were very supportive and informative and helped me get through and deal with a very difficult time. On the advice of my vet and hubby, I decided to begin a search for a new furbaby to add to our family. It was because of this board that I found out about Boxer Rescue, and located my new girl Kailee. Buddy is doing fairly well now, and has accepted Kailee with open paws. He is pretty much controlled with phenobarb, however we still have some stressful nights with him. My thoughts and prayers are with you all right now. We live so close, and I am in the Toronto area quite regularly, so if you feel the need to talk, you can e-mail me.

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the board!

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is very sad to lose a boxer a anytime, but it is even worse when it happens unexpectedly. It is okay to grieve for your girl, don't let anyone tell you it was just a dog.

Take care,

6. Cindy and Lacie.

Cindy and Lacie. Guest

IM also sorry to hear about your loss. I cant even imagine the pain of losing your baby. I sure hope that you will consider in time getting another boxer.

7. Tulsa-Dan

Tulsa-Dan Your Friendly Moderator

My deepest sympathies to you and your husband at this terrible time. I know how very hard it is to lose a pet. I know it must be especially hard when they are so young and it happens so suddenly. My prayers are with you.

Once you've had time to grieve, I hope you'll consider another boxer to fill your lives and hearts. It will never replace your loving friend, but it will help you live with joy and love in your heart again.

Again my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I hope you'll find some solace and comfort from the wonderful people here on the Board.

Welcome.

8. Julie Davis

Julie Davis Boxer Insane

I'm so sorry about your loss. Your precious baby will never be replaceable, but you can offer your hearts to another boxer, who will return your love a million times over. lovicon

Julie

9. BlissH

BlissH Boxer Buddy

WELCOME

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is to love an animal and then lose them. She is waiting at the BRIDGE for you!! I hope that the stories and problems that we all discuss on the board will help you remember all those little details about her!!

Maybe even make you laugh!! Welcome!! :) ;)

10. karens

karens Boxer Insane

Sorry for your loss. I too lost a Boxer at the young age of three. I have to agree, takes a long time to get over the shock. No matter how long they are with us though, the memories and the laughs they provide last a lifetime.

Welcome to the board, I hope another Boxer finds it's way into your heart someday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.