New Member from Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccismom

Boxer Buddy
Hello all. I am new to Boxer World. I adore boxers. I recently had to put my beloved girl down because of Degenerative Myelopathy. She was 10 1/2. I got her when she was 12 weeks. Her name was Bacci ( like the sport Bacci Ball) which means kisses in Italian. She was an absolute treasure and I miss her terribly. I am married with 2 adult children ( no grand children yet but 3 grand cats) but I watch my neice and nephew ( since they were born) They are 10 and 12.
I am just now thinking about getting another boxer. What an incredable breed of dog!
Bacci was my shadow and I took her everywhere. She was loved by all who met her. She was gentle and kind and extremely smart. It only took me just once or twice to teach her anything.
We live in northern Michigan. My husbands name is Chris and mine is Marian. I was a stay at home mom and I am still at home (ha ha) I do work filling in at the cafeterias in our elementary and middle schools. I fill in when some one needs a day off or is sick. It is fun and I enjoy being around the kids. I used to take Bacci to the schools quite often to drop off or pick up my neice and nephew and she loved seeing all the kids and the kids all loved seeing her.
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to all.
Marian

peytonmonte

Boxer Pal
Welcome, welcome, welcome!
So sorry to hear about your girl Bacci. I too, know how hard it is to lose a beloved friend. What a blessing it is to have so many wonderful memories. But it is hard when they're not actually there. I waited a few months, and rescued another boxer, and it was such a great decision. Although you'll never find replacement for Bacci, you'll fill up the sad space in your heart with lots of love from the new addition. If you do decide to, please keep us posted and post lots of pictures.
I love being on this site. It's a great place for helpful information, funny stories, and a great place to share stories of your beloved boxer and hopefully heal a bit. Take care!

tastubbs

Boxer Insane
Welcome Marian! Sorry about you losing your girl Bacci. They really get into your heart, don't they? Perhaps when the time is right, you would consider getting a rescue. They are just as much silly fun, with a little extra gratitude. I have three of them. My folks live in Midland, MI and just love coming to see all of them here in the South. My newest rescue (Tyson) fell in love with Mom and Dad at first site. Have fun on this site!

Jessegirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hello and welcome to BW from me and Jesse. I'm so sorry about the loss of Bacci. I also know how hard it is to lose a boxer baby. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Slobberchops

Boxer Insane
Hi Marian and Chris,welcome to BW:)
Sorry to hear about your loss of your Bacci,that must have been so hard to handle,she'll be an angelicon in your hearts and memories.

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
Hello and welcome to B.W. from Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada. I am sorry to hear about your beloved Bacci. Hope you get a new baby real soon. Rest in peace sweet Bacci. angelicon

Status
Not open for further replies.