1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Foster Mom

Discussion in 'Stories' started by boxermomof4, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxermomof4

boxermomof4 Boxer Booster

I just became a new foster mom (first time I have ever fostered) yesterday. I lost my boxer, Jake, a few weeks ago and I have been so lost without him. I recently was told of a 1 1/2 yr male boxer that needed a home. He has heart worms and will need to get treatments. I told the rescue lady that I didn't think I was ready to adopt, but I would like to foster him. She was thrilled. This boy is so sweet and I called the rescue today and told them I did not think he would ever leave my house because I really thought I was going to adopt him. He was so cute lastnight. I took him in the bedroom and was going to crate him when he jumped in the bed. All I can say is I am happy he is getting along so well with my other 3 boxers and that he has stole my heart in 24 hrs. I have no idea how someone could let this beautiful boy go. I hope to get his treatments started soon and that it goes well for him. He is such a sweetie.

2. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

appicon It does not take long... For them to wiggle their way into our hearts lovicon Congrats on your new addition (I mean foster ;) )

3. boxermomof4

boxermomof4 Boxer Booster

You are so right, doesn't take them long to steal our hearts. Someone called me this morning and told me they think they know who he belongs to. I don't think I want to give him up. We will have to see if it is the owner and if they want him.
    I am not sure if the rescue will have to return him or what. I think they may have an issue since he is in bad health. I am hoping he will not be those people's dog.

4. simmons

simmons Boxer Insane

Congragulations on becoming a new foster mom!!! I would love to foster, but my one dog will not allow it :( It is so rewarding isn't it? Hopefully if these people are the owners of this baby, the rescue will not give him back. Please keep us updated on him.

BTW, so sorry to hear about your baby boy Jake :( I'm sure he's watching over you and his fur-siblings.

5. Murp.mm

Murp.mm Boxer Insane

You're an angel!! With 3 boxers you already have a full house. I'm so happy he's working out. Pls. keep us updated on his progress. Good Luck and thank you for being the kind person you are. This world could do with a lot more people like you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.