1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Food Help!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by sullys_mom, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sullys_mom

sullys_mom Boxer Pal

I switched my 11 month old from Eukanuba Large breed puppy food to Canadae last month after reading this board. With the Eukanuba, I was giving her probably 2 1/2 cups in the AM and 2 1/2 in the PM. She never ran right over to the bowl and killed it...

Since the switch (she gets about 2 cups in the AM and 2 in the PM), she gobbles it up and will sniff the bowl hoping there is more to come. She is a shorter boxer, 50 lbs (a good looking size). I wanted to know if I should be giving her more? I feel like I am starving her, but according to the boards, 4 cups a day of Canadae (all-stages) is plenty??

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

2. tianthai

tianthai Completely Boxer Crazy

I think you have to take the feeding guideline on the bag of Canidae. Feeding to much food to you dog does more harm than good. Canidae is quite nutient-densed kibbles. My dog does the same, he gives me the feeling that I starve him. I usually give him some carrot, apple, banana to satisfy his mouth.

3. IluvLucy

IluvLucy Boxer Insane

Use the guideline on the bag for what it is, a guideline. Watch your dog for signs of losing or gaining weight and adjust accordingly. Just because they still seem hungry doesn't really indicate much other than the fact that they like the food. My boxer would probably eat half the bag at a sitting if I let him, and we know that wouldn't be good! Heck, I wish someone would cut me off once in a while when I've had enough instead of me quitting when I'm not hungry anymore! :LOL: :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.