1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Baby Girl Arriving Soon!

Discussion in 'Choosing A Puppy' started by Rocky's-Mom, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

Congrats on the new baby girl!!!!! :)

2. Net45582

Net45582 Banned

Auntie Wanda needs an update on Miss Addy! ;)

3. Rocky's-Mom

Rocky's-Mom Super Boxer

Well Auntie Wanda....You tried to warn me! It's been a long time since I had a puppy and had I forgotten alot. Addy is a small ball of entergy. She wakes me up around 4:00am each morning wanting to play. She was the runt of the litter. I got to worrying because she was so small so I took a new picture tonight and was amazed at how much she had grown in a week. I can't see it but the pictures sure tell. I can't figure out the picture thing on here so I just changed the avatar tonight. You were right about getting some rest before new baby. She is a hand full but of course I am enjoying her very much. Sure keeps my mind occupied. Of course I miss my Rocky but she fills some of the emptiness. She's all snuggled up with her stuffed monkey and asleep she will be ready to play when I lay down. Yes she is spoiled rotten already. She has our number no doubt. I just heard her snoring for the first time. She's a sweetie. Your Seven must be getting big by now. Time sure flies by. I'm ready for Spring and the time change myslef. Hope all is going great for you...better get ready for bed...take care.

4. Rocky's-Mom

Rocky's-Mom Super Boxer

I am so upset. I got home tonight and I was standing on the bed changing a light bulb in the fan light and I jumped down off the bed and stepped on Addy. She is so small and fraguile and I stepped on her back leg. She cried and jumped up trying to walk on three legs and of course I had flash backs of Rocky and now here I have inguired Addy. I grabbed her and massaged her whole leg and then she limped to the kitchen of course I was crying by this time. I grabbed her and just snuggled her to my chest and kept rubbing her leg. I couldn't feel anything or see any swelling so far. She hasn't cried any since and she is walking on all her legs. She ate her food and chased around the kitchen playing and she is asleep now but I am still worried. I pray I haven't injured her. I probably want sleep worry about her...keep fingers crossed for us.

5. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Oh, I feel so bad for you, because I know just how you feel. I have stepped on, and tripped over and fallen on Grunt a number of times - yes, even when he was a puppy. And I felt horrible thinking that I had really hurt him, hearing the crying yelp and seeing him run away so scared. As soon as I read your post, those memories came back and I know exactly how you are feeling. The little buggers are so small you just don't see them all the time.......right underfoot! It was an accident, so please don't beat yourself up about it. If she was running around and not favoring a leg, no swelling, etc. she's probably fine. You'll probably do what I did, worry and watch for a few days. By the way, I'm still tripping over my almost 4 year old Grunt, and have fallen flat on my face a few times - he has learned to jump out of the way of his klutzy mom! ;)

6. Rocky's-Mom

Rocky's-Mom Super Boxer

Addy seems fine...of course I couldn't sleep for worrying about her but she was off and running this am and tonight. I truly don't know how I kept from really hurting her. She is so small and I went down on her hard...she is a tough gal but being named in memory of Rocky what should I expect. It still upsets me to even think about it. She was the smallest one in her litter but she must be strong at heart...got that from Rocky. That's the only thing they have in common she is one wild girl. Well better get some sleep while I can....snuggles, wiggles and kisses to all from Addy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.