1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neuter scar not right?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Lola's mum, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

Just bathed Casper for the first time since he was neutered and it doesn't look right? There are a couple of lumps that are purple, almost like blood blisters on his scar, don't know if they are sore but they look it.
    I think I'm going to try get him in the vets today for them to have a look at them. No doubt that'll cost me a fortune.

2. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

3. simmons

simmons Boxer Insane

Hmmmmm...Not sure, our 2 boys scars are not like that. However, on Bosco's little nub, there is a bump ontop of his scar. His nub is pretty short too!!!! I can't rememebr if the bump is purple or not, but it does stick out of his skin.

Hopefully someone here has answers for you.

4. Baileysmom

Baileysmom Boxer Insane

Looks kinda like a cyst maybe?? Let us know what the vet says.

5. whitedaisy

whitedaisy Boxer Booster

Tracey, I can't look at the pics cause I'm at work - computer won't let me. But I work in a Surgery Clinic and the description of purple blister sounds like a possible blood clot under the tissue. USUALLY that is nothing to be concerned about, and it could take several weeks to disolve. You should be concerned if the area is getting swollen, blisters are getting bigger, tissue gets increasingly red, warmer then other areas, draining or you can see a bulge that might indicate an incisional hernia (try pushing it back in). The incision itself can be bumpy for several months (in humans) before softening and flatening out. Best wishes

6. neecy911

neecy911 Super Boxer

Annabelle got those after her surgery when she was spayed. We just kept an eye on them , and after a couple weeks they disappeared. Unless they ooze or get hot to the touch I think they'll disappear. She also had some really hard knots on her belly next to them, which all smoothed out.

7. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

My friend just came over to have a look and to give me a second opinion on them. She said she'd leave it for a few days as some look like they've gone down already. He isn't bothered by them that's probably why I didn't notice them and since the vet said he was healed nicely the other week I haven't looked at his nether regions to be honest.
    Thanks for the replies, you know what it's like, you panic.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  8. RolenKisses

RolenKisses Boxer Insane

Rolen had something like that on his stitches after he was neutered, but his was swollen and more of a purplish color. He also had diarrhea. We took him to the vet and he was having a reaction to one of the suters. The vet gave him a shot of penicillian and we just kept an eye on it and put a warm compress on it 3x a day.

9. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

The lumps/blister type bumps have got a bit bigger now and there is another one. There is also a swelling that wasn't there the other day so it could be an incisional hernia but would that happen weeks after surgery?
    I'm making an appt at the vets as soon as they open tomorrow morning :(

10. winn dixie

winn dixie Super Boxer

sending out healing vibes to casper...keep us posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.