1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advise please

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Roge, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Hi all ... Friday morning I got up to find Roge who sleeps in the utility room after being sick in his bed and diarrhoea all over the place ( never smelt anything like it in my life ) anyhow I made him fast and only gave him a small portion of his usual kibble mixed with a small amount of wet food , Saturday morning got up and had not closed the door into the kitchen and he had passed diarrhoea there in 3 places with some of it formed so again he fasted until evening and I gave him some dry kibble with some boiled rice , last night I lined the utility room with bin bags and again he passed a small amount but this time there was a trace of fresh blood in it .. He has not been sick since the first night and is obviously not feeling sick as he is acting normal and has been following me around all day looking for food , I boiled chicken and mixed it with rice this evening and he had it wolfed down in a matter of seconds , he's lying here beside me and is after letting off some stinky gas so I guess I'm in for more of the same tonight .. It is not constant as he only goes once a day ( has always had a morning bowel movement ) it's just that he's not acting as if there is anything wrong .. Any suggestions on what could be up or how I should treat him would be greatly appreciated!!! Tks in advance .

2. silly24boxer

silly24boxer Super Boxer

Trip to your vet. Maybe he ate something he should not have.

Roge likes this.
  3. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Unfortunately except for an emergency that won't be possible until Wednesday

4. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

My suggestion would have been a trip to the vet too! How is he doing today?

Roge likes this.
  5. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

As long as he is acting fine maybe try some sweet potato to help firm his stool until Wed??

Roge likes this.
  6. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

He had a watery movement again this morning , gave him a small portion of boiled chicken & rice , he was ravenous , I found out that he stole some fat that I had cut of ham I had cooked On Thursday night !!!!! I recon that it's the culprit , called into the vets shop And explained the situation and they gave me an antibiotic For 5 days , they said that the oil from the fat was likely lying in his intestine and to keep him on a bland diet ..If there is no change after that I have to bring him in ... . Fingers crossed it works !!!!!!!! Good old Boxerworld healing vibes needed please !!

7. ZekeZira

ZekeZira Completely Boxer Crazy

My two get random bad tummies from getting into things they shouldn't. I have some meds that I keep on hand from the vet called pro-pectalin. When they are acting normally but have bad poos, it really helps. Maybe ask your vet about it?

Roge likes this.
  8. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Poor Roge! And bad boy for stealing that fat! Healing vibes coming his way! And kisses from the Princess as well!

Roge likes this.
  9. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

YAY !!!! Roge is back to normal again .. The last two nights there have been no poops in the utility room and the bad gas has gone !
    That will teach me not to leave the cupboard door open where the bin sits and failing that not to leave the lid off, it was my son who saw Roge licking his lips but thought I had given him a treat .. noideaiconnonoiconfainticon

joeys mom likes this.
  10. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Just went through the same with Raine! Her culprit was too many extra large bananas! She eats one every day with her dad and I just bought them too big for her tummy. She was going poo normally time-wise but they were loud and puddle poop! I was ready to take a stool sample in to the vets swearing that she had some sort of parasite. I stopped the bananas since last Friday and they are starting to get some form to them. She is now whining constantly at the pantry door where they are kept. Glad it is working out for both of them!

Roge likes this.