1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need good kong stuffing suggestions

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by BeckyNC, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeckyNC

BeckyNC Boxer Insane

Every morning when I leave for work, I leave Tae a kong stuffed with peanut butter and some dog food or treats. She loves the PB, but I would like to provide more variety. I know Kong makes a "filling," but was wondering what other folks use? I think I read plain frozen yogurt frozen in a kong is good, but have yet to try that...

2. HarleyMama

HarleyMama BANNED

Kong makes a stuffin that looks like a can of cheeze whiz... also, we use the liver snaps that Kong has... you stick them halfway in the kong with the small end hanging out.

Sometimes I'll put a few bil-jac liver treats (the kind in the "milk"carton) in Harley's kong, then I'll put his half-eaten budda Bimple bone in the opening. He smells the liver treats and will chew his bone trying to figure out how to get it out to get the treats. I do this esp. when he is going to be in the crate for a period of time as it keeps him busy.

I've heard about putting yogurt in Kongs and freezing them, also freezing peanut butter in them.

I'm sure there are many other things to stuff'em with though, probably anything you can get in there that is okay for your doggie to have.

Melissa & Harley

3. magoo's_mama

magoo's_mama Super Boxer

Magoos favorite combo is frozen peanut butter and banana, I also layer peanut butter and kibble inside, he likes that as well.

4. acreoaks

acreoaks Boxer Pal

Hi Becky,

The frozen Kongs are a geat favourite at our kennels.
    Try a sandwich spread as that stays inside and keeps the dog occupied for ages. We've used the left over gravy from our meals and frozen that inside the Kong. Also Cheese spread is another favourite.

I hope she enjoys her treats.

Cheers
    Barry

5. jray

jray Boxer Insane

I use beanut butter out of the fridge, apples, mozarella cheese, banana. Those are Oskar's favorites!

Jenny & Oskar

6. harley'smama

harley'smama Boxer Insane

I always use PB. But sometimes add treats, bananas, cottage cheese, & cheese. No matter what I add I always freeze it.
    I once added applesauce but came home to Zoe covered in hives. It was cinnamon applesauce & she was allergic to the cinnamon!! So if you're adding something new, that they've never had before, I offer a taste testing prior to make sure there will be no ill effects!!

7. Jodirae

Jodirae Boxer Booster

Just wondering if you use natural PB or a run of the mill brand like skippy or Jiff?

Thanks,
    Jodi, Darren & Tunney

8. jray

jray Boxer Insane

I love peter pan so that's all that's in my house!

Jenny & Oskar

9. douma

douma Boxer Insane

Gruyere,bacon,salami,liver in little pieces and instead of peanut butter i use cream cheese,Avra loves it:)

Sophia and Avra

10. gidget1

gidget1 Completely Boxer Crazy

Frozen unsweetened applesauce, frozen mashed banana,
    plain or vanilla unsweetened yogurt, frozen in the Kong.
    Keeps them busy for quite a while!
    Gidget loves all of them.
    Marcia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.