Need Advice Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstoup

Boxer Pal
I had two boxers as a child and can not believe I am even going to question what I want to do. I saw on the news that a Boxer (one year old) was at the pound. When it comes to my finances (very tight) and the dog dying there is no question on what I will do. The pound says the dog will stay there until it finds a home, along with its sister. It was hit by a car, but seems to be fine.
I want a good dog for my four year old, but the age of the dog concerns me. I can not understand why it has not been claimed by its owner, but I am sure it is for the best.
Please let me know what you think.

jess

Boxer Booster
If you feel that you can give this dog what he needs most,a good loving home and can care for his needs then I say go for it! If he is a little much for your child it's probably nothing a little love and training won't fix!

[This message has been edited by jess (edited 09-11-2000).]

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
I have four year old twins, girl/boy, we adopted Cooper when he was 9 1/2 months. He is now 16 months, and has brought so much joy and love to our family. The kids adore him and he definately reciprocates! :D Check out the website in my signature for pictures of Cooper and my children. Keep us updated and feel free to ask more questions.

------------------
Robyn
Cooper, 5-11-99
Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked,rescue
http://www.boxerrescue.com/spotlight.htm
Mugzy, fawn, neutered male, cropped and docked rainbow bridge Sept. 98

Kirsten

Boxer Pal
Like you I hesitated about adopting my then four year old female boxer, my son being not yet three at the time. She had a history of abuse and to some extent I knew what I was getting into but still I was worried. You know what....
I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN! :)
Besides dealing with a few abandonment issues, she has been awsome. The only thing I worry about as far as your kids are concerned is uh overenthusiasm(sp). My kids tend to get drowned when they walk in in the morning, and bumped by the dogs butt as she madly wiggles when we get home, oh yeah and they are not allowed to go too high on the swing set or she stops them physically from swinging at all, but all in all she has been great. Just keep in mind you will be getting another child in your life if you adopt this dog. Have Fun
K&
Me-Tu Rescued reverse brindle female w/ cropped ears & tail

Status
Not open for further replies.