Natures Domain grain free Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
I am considering using this in my rotation. Currently using TOTW Grain free Lamb but would like to try a different brand in my rotation. Is anyone still using this and how are your babies doing on it? Also which protein source do you use??

packblt

Completely Boxer Crazy
We use the salmon and sweet potato in our rotation and it is the preferred food of my boxers and my cockapoo puppy (right now the cockapoo refuses to eat any other kibble). I have not tried the turkey because we use turkey from a different manufacturer this way if there is a recall I have another food that works well and we can switch to if necessary.

We only feed one and a half cups of kibble with 2 tablespoons of canned twice per day. If we fed the amount listed on the bag they were gaining too much weight. But I found this was the case with most foods and my boxers.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes:)

BTW - This is the same manufacturer as TOTW.

whiskers

Boxer Insane
Natures Domain pretty much is TOTW. There are a couple minor ingredient differences, but the formulas are otherwise VERY similar - both foods are manufactured by Diamond, so Natures Domain is essentially just TOTW in different packaging.

If your dogs do well on TOTW, they will do well on Natures Domain. ;) I have used all the Natures Domain formulas at one point or another (salmon, turkey, and beef), Juno did okay on it.

packblt

Completely Boxer Crazy
We can use the Nature's Domain Salmon but we cannot use TOTW because TOTW uses smoked salmon. My Lola can't seem to tolerate anything smoked so a few of the TOTW flavors are out for us. We also cannot use any variety that has higher protein than 25 % or my Bandit gets horrible diarrhea. I haven't tried all the varities but for us I know the Sierra Mountain can be eaten by both my boxers but they are not that fond of it.

I was hesitant to try the Nature's Domainbut after so many here had such great results , I decided to give it a try and we are very happy with it.

When purchasing the ND a few weeks ago a fellow shopper told me I should try the Kirkland canned food that it was very good and got very high ratings on the dog food websites. I checked it out and sure enough they must have changed it since I looked at it a few years ago, now it's cuts in gravy instead of gound and is very highly rated. We did try it and all dogs love it but my girl cannot tolerate the beef flavor so she gets only the chicken when we use it.

Good luck if you decide to try it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.