1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Natural Ears

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by dieselnallie, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dieselnallie

dieselnallie Boxer Pal

Yes, It's another post about ears.
    I have a female Classic brindle that I bought as a show prospect. The breeder I got her from said that he wouldn't normally sell her as a show prospect because she wasn't Flashy. So he didn't have her ears cropped. (Fine with me, I prefer the natural look)
    However, Allisons ears are starting to 'fly away' and not hang close to her face like they are suppose to.
    I'm new to the boxers, though, not new to showing. I used to show Labs back in the day and their ears never went crazy on me. lol
    Is this the way she's going to be? Or what can I do to fix them?

2. RolenKisses

RolenKisses Boxer Insane

Ears can get a little crazy during the teething period. I started massaging Rolen's ears when he was just a little pup and his ears lay nice and flat now. It was part of our routine every night. He would sit on my lap and I would gently pull down on his ears and massage. He loves having his ears rubbed now. :)

3. ehayes21

ehayes21 Boxer Insane

4. dieselnallie

dieselnallie Boxer Pal

Thanks

Thank you both very much! I will have to try both of those methods...Her ears are really crazy. She's about 4 months right now...so she would be teething I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.