Natura (Cal Nat/EVO/Inova/Healthwise) Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiverDiva

Boxer Insane
I bought a big bag of EVO Salmon & Herring early last year, did a slow transition to the new food, and my two liked it and did very well on it. I bought two more bags and noticed that, with the second and third bags, there was more poop and both dogs lost weight. I increased their rations and they gained back the weight, still liked the food, but there was even more poop; way too much, IMHO, to be coming from dogs being fed a high quality grain free kibble. I switched back to Acana Pacifica and Orijen 6 Fish, reduced their rations back to what I had been giving them before, their weights stayed normal and their output went back to average. There will be no more EVO purchases for the dogs in this house.

This is just my experience, and I have no proof, other than my opinion formed from my observations, that the EVO Salmon & Herring formula was changed. I feed my dogs RAW for about half of their meals, and like many RAW feeders, pay a fair amount of attention to the dogs' output. It is possible that the change in their output was due to something related to the RAW meals, but I don't think so.

Tuff Love

Boxer Insane
I can't believe I'm just reading about this now. Tuff was on Evo for a long time and did fabulously on it. In the beginning of December he started getting bloody stools and it took 2 weeks of antibiotics to get him back to normal. At the time I attributed it to some kind of internal distress because he had been taking Prednisone for quite some time, but this raises a whole new concern. Either way, I won't be going back to it with our next pup. P&G is a terrible company. It's a shame, Evo was a great food.

Status
Not open for further replies.