Naming a puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boxer

Boxer Buddy
My wife and I need your help. We went to meet our new puppy last night and we can't seem to agree on a name. I chose Nikko and I thought we decided that would work but now she is having second thoughts.

She likes Jonah, Jonus, or Luther but I love Nikko. Anyone with any suggestion.

It was funny seeing Hannah play with the puppy, she just kept on running away as the puppy swatted at the head. I think she thought is was another one of those cat creatures :D that torment her.

I should have pictures tomorrow....

debbie knowles

Boxer Insane
All good

Hi Greg,
I like all the names you listed....and since you already named your Boxer Girl, my all time favorite Boxer Girl name, I have faith that you will pick a great Boxer Boy name too!!!! Good Luck and congratulations on the new baby...when is he coming home? Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

PS...Goliath is a good name!!!!! :p :p :p djk

Carla

Boxer Buddy
My boy's name is Cassius and I already picked out a name if I get another boxer boy how about Brutus???

~Carla~

MD_Boxer

Boxer Buddy
Thanks....I have pictures of the Hannah and the puppy but am having an difficult time posting. According to the bottom right corner of the page I am not allowed to attach photos. Any one have any ideas????

Also what do you all think of Mikito? Japanesse for The Prince....

debbie knowles

Boxer Insane
Pictures

You can't post pictures in the thread right now but you can in the "show off your Dog" forum and also in the picture gallery where the instructions are really good...Good Luck...I'd really like to see your Hannah!!! djk

Mom3

Super Boxer
Naming Puppy

Maybe I've been in the Far East too long, but I like both Nikko and Mikito. One way we decided on a name was by imagining ourselves calling it down the street (if, Heaven forbid, he ever got loose). Some names just "sounded" silly when yelling them at the top of your lungs. Anyway, after going through Whiskey, Harley, Bruno, and Charlie, we landed on Riley. We had him around the house for a little while before realizing what name "fit" him. Maybe the same will happen for you.

:)

newtoboxers

Boxer Pal
This is true. Most of the time you really cannot decide on a name for a pet until you actually get them home. Then you will find the right name that fits their personality.

I like the name Dozer for a male.

You might also want to check out www.doggynames.com

Last edited:

leenasmom

Boxer Insane
I like Mikito. Never heard it, but I like it. What a better name for the prince of the housekingicon I went through the same thing with Leena. I drove 2 hours to get her, and when I got home I flipped the t.v. to a dog show. The first dog on there was a poodle named Leena. I found out later that Zoe's great grandma's name is Lena, no intention in that. Good luck.

MD_Boxer

Boxer Buddy

debbie knowles

Boxer Insane
Beautiful...

What a couple of good lookin' young'uns!!! Your Hannah has my Hannah's eyes.....she's a very lovely girl and the pup is adorable..Let us know what the final name shall be!!! djk

Status
Not open for further replies.