Nails don't grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoxLumen

Boxer Pal
I'm not sure if this is even a health issue, but I wasn't sure where else to put this. I'm new to boxers as well as large breed dogs. We;ve had Titan for going on nine months now and I haven't had to clip his nails once. They're all pretty short, about a quarter of an inch from the quick. They're not broken, but occasionally I will see him with a paw in his mouth, and he's chewing on his nails. I wasn't sure if maybe he chews his nails like people do?

Has anyone else's boxer or even dog period done this?

packblt

Completely Boxer Crazy
Does he walk and play on pavement alot? My boxers rarely need their nails trimmed. Our neighborhood is all paved and I don't walk them in the surrounding woods. Also, our backyard is about 2/3 patio pavers and the dogs love to chase each other up and down the different levels of the patio and around the furniture and
plantings. They seem to play on the grass much less frequently, especially if it's wet from dew, rain or sprinklers:)

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Some dogs do chew their nails. I have one and my bro's saint does too. Mighty handy since both of them hate having their paws touched.

Roge

Boxer Insane
Roge is 5 and we have had him from a pup and never have had to trim his nails , he plays on a paved area out back and I walk him on the road/ country lane and this does the job for me..

NoxLumen

Boxer Pal
Does he walk and play on pavement alot? My boxers rarely need their nails trimmed. Our neighborhood is all paved and I don't walk them in the surrounding woods. Also, our backyard is about 2/3 patio pavers and the dogs love to chase each other up and down the different levels of the patio and around the furniture and
plantings. They seem to play on the grass much less frequently, especially if it's wet from dew, rain or sprinklers:)

We live in an apartment so he doesn't play on pavement much but he does get walked on it everyday. He's also a lush tugger so when he tugs you can hear his nails scraping the sidewalk.

NoxLumen

Boxer Pal
Some dogs do chew their nails. I have one and my bro's saint does too. Mighty handy since both of them hate having their paws touched.

I never thought dogs would actually do something like that. But each day Titan amazes me lol. I guess it does come in handy. Titan doesn't mind his paws being touched but if you hold them for a long period of time he gets annoyed.

whiskers

Boxer Insane
Well aren't you lucky! I have to clip Juno's nails twice a week, they grow sooo fast. She's good for it so not really a big deal, I just hate having to do it so often!

Status
Not open for further replies.