Mystery Illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreyjasMom

Boxer Booster
So I thought Freyja had pancreatitis again but I took her to the vet today and her levels are normal. Vet gave her some Pepcid and said he could not find anything wrong with her. Maybe it was just GERD. I am very concerned.

I know my baby is not herself, she has not even attempted to play with her brother in days, she barely drinks any water and just lays around. She is only 20mos old.

She is eating and keeping her food down, though I have to soak it in water...anything hard even ice cubes(which she loves) she has a hard time eating, almost like it hurts her to chew, but vet looked in her mouth. Also when she eats anything hard her mouth gets frothy. She is pooing, but not peeing much due to lack of water I am assuming. Her vet is great, and I adore him but he honestly just looked at me and said I don't know what it could be, she seems fines. But we know our babies, we know when something is off.

Does anyone have any ideas ? I would love to have a direction to steer them in.

Her symptome are just not wanting to play, not drinking much, the pain with chewing and frothiness in her mouth and seeming to feel nautious after eating. I know it isn't much to go on. I don't even know what to investigate....

Thanks in advance.

stix

Boxer Pal
Hey there,
Did the vet check to see if she has an abcess below the gums? If she has trouble chewing it could be an abcess that isn't noticeable with a quick glance. Just a thought. I hope she feels better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.