My trip to San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerfan

Boxer Booster
Nanabear asked me about my trip so I thought I'd share the highlights:

My husband and I went to Northern CA Sept 23-29 with another couple. Our first stop was Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur area. We stayed at a great B&B in Pacific Grove called Old St. Angela Inn. It's a block from the beach and we HIGHLY recommend it if you're staying in that area. We could walk to the Cannery, restaurants, etc. We did 17-mile drive and ate at Ventana in Big Sur. Another "must" if you're there.

We also went whale-watching and saw the largest animal on earth - the Blue Whale - which was very exciting! We also saw Risso and Pacific White-sided dolphins.

Our next stop was Napa for a little wine tasting :). I'm not a big wine drinker but it was fun and interesting. We did the Wine Train which was ok but it just ran right along the highway. We visited three wineries, the best being S. Anderson. They specialize in champagne and it's a comparatively small operation. It was a great personal tour, beautiful view (off the Silverado trail instead of Hwy 29), and we got to go into their cave where they age the wine.

On to San Francisco with great views of the Golden Gate, a trolley ride, Fisherman's Wharf and Alcatraz! The self-guided audio tour at Alcatraz is awesome!!! My husband and I celebrated our 15th Anniversary our last night there. Bob hired a limo to take us to the famous Cliff House for dinner and our friends bought dinner! Quite a nice evening and a fabulous trip.

Ssshhh! Don't tell anyone but I didn't even miss my skin kids, age 6 and 4. When you're a stay-at-home mom, a week break doesn't seem to be enough :D! I did miss Ali but she got to stay with Cledus and probably didn't miss me :eek:.

------------------
Candy (Ali's Mom)
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/cdrush2u" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.geocities.com/cdrush2u</A>
Ali born 11/29/99
Reverse brindle, natural ears

nanabear

Banned
Thanks Candy, for sharing your trip.....especially the part about my childhood home, Pacific Grove.
Sounds like you saw some of the best parts of this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.