1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My rescued boxer- long story

Discussion in 'Stories' started by blazersangel, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blazersangel

blazersangel Boxer Pal

My story started 3 1/2 years ago when i had two roomates with two unbelievably trained boxers. I fell in love with the breed from that and wanted to get one. A friend told me his girlsfriends cousin was giving away one and he was almost 1 1/2 old.
    So I called and checked him out. I think it was meant to be. He looked at me and came right over so excited he folded in half! One thing he did strange is he peed right away. The owners said that never happened before and I can tell by thier reaction it didn't. Here, from what I found out from a trainer, it was submissive peeing. He was telling me that your the boss right away. Of couse I asked ALOT of questions and they did care about him.
    Here was the part that made me feel sad. They were his THIRD owner already! Everyone gave up on him ONLY cause they didn't want to train him and had no patience to do so. So he was given away time and time again, and all he gave was love. I could see they didn't want to get rid of him, but he lost his job and they were moving in with his in laws. So I took him. I trained him, he had other dogs to play with, and of course I gave him TONS of affection. I don't think he had alot of that, but of course got used to it really quick! I think it may have took him almost a year to finally realize he wasn't being shipped off again. I noticed in that year, that he loved to go for rides, but looked around nervous and shook. I always thought it was because he thought he was being dropped off somewhere again. I told him it would never happen!! He did have some domination issues, but it was mainly toward other dogs and has gotten better. He loves children and when people come over. He is so loving, affectionate,etc. He don't even like to leave you alone in any room. He follows me everywhere around the house no matter what. He does the same to my fiance' too. I love him to death and just can't imagine someone giving him up.
    I know this was long, but it's hard not to keep going when i'm talking about my buddy!

2. crowpete

crowpete Boxer Insane

I am so glad you did not give up on him like everyone else. All he needed was some love and direction and you gave him that appicon He sounds like a wonderful baby :) Thanks for sharing!

3. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

You are an angel for taking the time training him and standing by him! Boxers are strong willed dogs and they do need to have proper obedience.

4. auntthelm

auntthelm Boxer Insane

How lucky he was to come into your life and you into his. Some things are just meant to be.:)

5. Gruntsmom

Gruntsmom Boxer Insane

Bless you for opening your heart and home to your boy! It sounds like he adores you as much as you adore him!! :)

6. blazersangel

blazersangel Boxer Pal

Thanks. His training went ok. I did it the first six months I had him. I had to do alot on my own cause the class I took had other dogs and he didn't do well with that. He was too distracted with the other dogs and I had to pull him. But the trainer let me come to see the lessons so I did them at home. I did it to break some of his domination issues and it did work. He was alot more aggressive with the other dogs while he was on the leash, thats why it was hard to do it there. He is good with other dogs( we have two otheres, one being his baby sister boxer Angel) and he is great with them. He just likes to dominate another dog when he is around them. After that he is good. I was going to mention or other dog my fiance' rescued in 2000 and she is a pit bull. What a sweetheart she is! But since it's a boxer site I didn't! Just don't like leaving out all my children! I did write bout her some on my introduction. Thanks for all the kind words. ALL our dogs are spoiled by us!!

7. thisissilly

thisissilly Boxer Booster

Kudo's to you and your fiance for rescuing the fur kids. All it takes is time, consistency, and patience to help most rescues adjust.

8. atlasmom911

atlasmom911 Boxer Insane

Your an angelicon for rescuing. Your babies are so cute.

9. mlvaughn

mlvaughn Boxer Pal

Aww *snif* thats so nice that you took him in and loved him. Wish more people would think like you do.

10. BoxerMom999

BoxerMom999 Boxer Insane

It is wonderful when things turn out so well and that you found each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.